Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi members. I'm new here and this is my first post. Please forgive or move it to the correct place if it is incorrect.

I have owned my Range Rover for about a year now but only recently noticed that the interior mirror glass wasn't dimming unlike the door mirrors which do.

On examination of the mirror, it appears that a previous owner has changed the glass for plain glass with rough edges and so I decided to replace the entire unit with a new one and a genuine part (P/N 015313). That's where the strange things started happening :shock:

Within 2 hours, during daylight, the new mirror went dark over 3/4 of the surface with the top right segment remaining clear and a visible line between the 2 different areas on the glass. It almost resembled a damaged laptop screen which I have seen on a few ocassions. However, that wasn't the only thing that happened, my front passenger door mirror which previously worked as expected, has now turned into a "blue tinted" mirror, whereas it had previously matched the one on the drivers door.

I hope I'm not cracking up as friends have suggested, but the tint on the passenger door mirror is way to obvious to ignore.

Contacting the supplier resulted in a new replacement being sent to me with 48 hours, and they didn't want their first unit back either which I thought a little surprising ?

Anyway, that's the background. I haven't fitted the new interior mirror yet in case there is something wrong with my vehicle that has caused it to fail, and the door mirror to turn tinted. I don't expect the supplier will replace it a 2nd time if this proves to be the case.

So, can anyone help to explain what I am experiencing ? I now have a brand new interior electro chromatic self dimming mirror not yet fitted, and a passenger door mirror that has turned blue.

There are no obvious wiring / plug connections which look out of place and the door and interior mirror plugs and sockets all lined up as one would expect.

Many thanks for any help anyone can give.

BJ

1 - 1 of 1 Posts