RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
27 Posts
They should just clip in place . Most of them are pretty stout , try getting a trim removal tool and pry on it a little and it should pop out . If not let me know and I will talk to my old co workers at the dealer and find out whats up

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i figured how to change the lower round lights. i used a flat head and pushed in at 3 and 9 o clock locations to push in the prongs to remove.

i still cant figure out the overhead though for 2012 RR

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
116 Posts
This is all in your manual under bulb replacement. Use a flathead to pry off the light housing from the sides. Make sure you are prying off the black plastic of the housing and not just the light colored exterior piece. You may need to attack it on both sides and it may take a little more pressure then you feel "comfortable" with. Same procedure for the rear.

·
Registered
423 Posts
The entire unit with the three lights and the switches comes out as one piece. It just prys out.

If you are putting LEDs in, after you remove the entire assembly, you'll need to remove the screws that hold the unit together, or you won't be able to get the LEDs in.

You can't put the LEDs in from the side that shows in the car.

PM me if you're still having issues.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Rear should be the same as the front.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so i was able to remove the rear dome assembly and switch to leds. after replacing back the assembly, after awhile the back portion of the assembly falls down 1cm and is loose... i checked for breaks in plastic and did not find anything wrong. i do see 2 prongs in the back.

How do I get the assembly tightened?

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
Suggest you pull the front assembly and then compare the two to see if anything's different on/in the rear.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
so i was able to remove the rear dome assembly and switch to leds. after replacing back the assembly, after awhile the back portion of the assembly falls down 1cm and is loose... i checked for breaks in plastic and did not find anything wrong. i do see 2 prongs in the back.

How do I get the assembly tightened?
The previous owner of mine did the same thing. I ended up using some epoxy to keep it all tight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi, there, first time being here. Does anyone know how to remove air vent curtesy light (the lower round ones)? Please advise. Thank you.

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
hi, there, first time being here. Does anyone know how to remove air vent curtesy light (the lower round ones)? Please advise. Thank you.
Directions are posted just above in post #4.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Here is a nice video that may be helpful when changing out interior light bulbs .....

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
Another option is to strip back the weather seal at the dash end and pop off the end cap of the dash. If you have small hands you will be able to press the round light out from the back side.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I replaced those bulbs with LEDs a couple years ago but I don't remember the exact procedure.

However, I do remember using an inspection mirror and flashlight to figure it out. It took about ten minutes to do both sides.

Get out there and take a look, it's not difficult like some of the "quick" connects that you find in this vehicle :crybaby2:

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
327 Posts
All they do is pop out and pop back in. Just use something plastic to pop the trim off so you don't scratch it.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
327 Posts
You can insert it from any angle. That's what I did when I changed all of my interior to LED. The actual clear housing covering the bulb is separate from the silver ring but they will pop out together.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts