RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95 P38 has some frustrating electrical issues with the interior lights /:( . The center light on the dome light above the sunroof doesnt work however both the reading lights work. The courtesy light on the rear passenger side doesnt work either nor does the load space light. All the other lights work just fine and come on as soon as any door is open. Another thing i've noticed is that if any of the lights are on, like on the 10 sec courtesy, the tailgate button has no power to it and wont open until the lights go out. Also, when the tailgate button does have power to it, if i press on it and keep my finger on it, all the courtesy lights, including the ones that never work, light up just a bit. When i press on the front courtesy light button to deactivate the delay on the lights it doesnt beep or register on the message center that im pressing the button. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
483 Posts
That all sounds like classic earth fault symptoms.

Have a look in Rave and it has all the earth points listed, see if they are common.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
Range Rover MkIII / L322
800 Posts
I have recently repaired a similar fault which tuned out to be a broken wire deep inside the loom which had been cut accidently by the clown who installed the tracking device I discovered while tracing the fault.

The front interior light, right hand rear seat light and load space light all work on the same circuit. It easy to check for voltage at the front light, and the earth points are in my attached pics. Different points but in the same area depending on year. The arrowed point S303 is a splice which I think is in the B post which is where I was aiming for during my fault finding but found the break before I reached it.

The interior lights work in conjunction with the BECM which is another place to look. Poor contact on the plugs perhaps. The one to check is the top right front plug in the BECM. C1584 in the pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help so far but im still in the dark on this issue. When i press and hold the middle button on the courtesy lamp for a few seconds i dont get any indication on the message center that the auto function is on or off. What would that indicate? Problem in BECM, or Lamp itself?
Thankss

1 - 5 of 5 Posts