RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After driving the RRSSC over the weekend, I have decided to upgrade from my '11 and am finalizing the paperwork for an August delivery tomorrow. I have seen a few pictures posted here and then seeing the Loire Blue in person (albeit on an Evoque), that is going to be the exterior color.

The challenge I am having is deciding on the interior color. I am loving the Ebony/Pimento combination but have only seen that with Causeway, which looks fantastic. I am wondering if anyone has seen or has an opinion on whether Loire exterior with the Ebony/Pimento interior would be just too much going on with the colors? The Ebony/Tan looks nice too and would be safe but I keep going back to the Pimento as my first choice. I don't want to be driving a circus mobile and being slightly color blind, my wife tells me I sometimes make some 'interesting' color choices when getting dressed, so I apparently need some help....... 8~

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I got ebony/tan and it looks fantastic, espically in the morning, not sure if it fits blue exterior though, unless you consider only tan.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Loire is a pretty dark blue so a light interior might be the thing. Ivory is slightly warm looking and contrasts well with the paint (I have this combo). A darker based interior looks a bit like a coal cellar at midnight and is better with light paintwork.

The trouble with "statement" colour combinations is the effect on your bank statement when you come to sell it.

·
Banned
243 Posts
dear god don't get Pimento... :pray:

black (ebony) and dark blue clash.

get the Espresso/Almond for sure. blue/tan/brown are complimentary colors. :thumb:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the thoughts. Very helpful and I didn't realize Pimento was a big no-no. :naughty: it is looking like Ebony/Tan is going to be the choice. :think:

·
Banned
243 Posts
don't get me wrong, Pimento looks awesome with the right exterior color (black, grey, white).

but a blue car with red and black interior would be absolutely atrocious.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I have pimento and I absolutely love it every day. Those who say don't have never wanted a sporty interior. Everyone who has ever entered the car has fallen in love with the pimento. Jaws drop. In a good way.

Some people will never understand red leather interior, for me you can't do any better than that. Next choice would have been tan.

If I had gone ATB I would have definitely gotten rebony/pimento

With that said. I would never do it with blue exterior. Only black, grey, or white.

·
Registered
727 Posts
When most people think of an exciting sports car, they think of exciting bright colors. I think Trez provided a great example when he said he thinks you can't beat a red leather interior.

As a simple rule of thumb, for a tasteful presentation you can choose to have the bright color on the outside or on the inside but usually not BOTH.

In addition, as previously posted, you need to consider basic color compliments, these usually lie opposite each other on a color wheel:
colorwheel.jpg
complementary.gif

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Red leather interior makes me want to vomit. It is the ONE styling thing that has persisted over time that I have never come close to understanding.

I prefer to go some combo of light / dark on the interior / exterior. Last two cars I have owned have been silver paint / black leather. It's just my taste, I suppose. If I wanted another combo I'd go black paint / brown or grey leather.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I ordered an RRS SC with indus silver, santorini black contrasting roof top and tan interior (pretty much the car in this video , except i have the lighter ivory headliner). Question is... should I get the black roof or the corris grey roof? I think I only have a couple of weeks left of changing options before the car is built...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hmmmm, thanks for that. Strong opinion on Ebony/Tan with the Loire exterior?

I think Trez's comment makes sense to me and I want an interior that is a little more sporty, thus trying to make the two-tone work. The Eb/Tan seems to look good in print (a lot darker tan than I would have thought) but I have not seen in person yet. I'll have to see if the dealership has gotten anything new in over the past few days before it is finalized this afternoon.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts