RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying a 2006 Supercharged and upgrading it with 2010 features (Headlights, tail lights, etc.). I've been doing lots of research, most of which has been on this forum, but haven't been able to find much on upgrading the interior apart from trim.

1.) Has anyone found a good LCD screen that can easily be installed and still support all the current features (Backup camera, steering wheel controls, etc.)?

2.) I was also considering upgrading the instrument cluster with a newer one, or having one custom made. I'm not sure if this would even be possible because I haven't seen anything anywhere online about it.

3.) Has anyone successfully installed a 2010 wheel on an older model? With functioning controls?

If anyone could take a few minutes to help me out, I would greatly appreciate it :)

Kolton Bittner

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: I contacted my local Land Rover dealership and found out the only difference between the 2006 and 2010 wheels are the buttons, but the 2013 steering wheel is attached with a different shaped bolt. I may try fitting a 2013 wheel but I'm not comfortable fitting it myself. If anyone is interested in before and after pictures let me know!

Kolton Bittner

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I'm considering buying a 2006 Supercharged and upgrading it with 2010 features (Headlights, tail lights, etc.). I've been doing lots of research, most of which has been on this forum, but haven't been able to find much on upgrading the interior apart from trim.

1.) Has anyone found a good LCD screen that can easily be installed and still support all the current features (Backup camera, steering wheel controls, etc.)?

2.) I was also considering upgrading the instrument cluster with a newer one, or having one custom made. I'm not sure if this would even be possible because I haven't seen anything anywhere online about it.

3.) Has anyone successfully installed a 2010 wheel on an older model? With functioning controls?

If anyone could take a few minutes to help me out, I would greatly appreciate it :)

Kolton Bittner

sounds like it'd be cheaper for you to buy a 2010.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
sounds like it'd be cheaper for you to buy a 2010.
If he had a local LR stealer do the work maybe so.....
Otherwise, have you seen the price difference between a '06 and a '10?:shock:

Martin

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
If he had a local LR stealer do the work maybe so.....
Otherwise, have you seen the price difference between a '06 and a '10?:shock:

Martin
A base 2010 HSE with some mileage can be had for mid 20's low 30's now. If you're going to drop 12-18k on a 2006, then spend a bunch of money trying to emulate a 2010 (which it will never be)... You're pretty close to just having a 2010 (which will probably have lower miles/better condition than a 2006). I've been looking at selling my 2007 supercharged and picking up a 2010 supercharged because the prices in the last year finally tanked.

If I wasn't looking for a supercharged specifically I'd just show up and offer 29k for this and be done with it (57,000 miles lux 2010)
http://providence.craigslist.org/cto/4752387302.html

that example is a mint 2010 lux, a base HSE can be had for MUCH less. Supercharged mid 30's low 40's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts