RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if viscous coupling / fan from a 4.2 1995 classic RR IS interchangeable or will it fit straight on to a 1995 P38. The bolt looks the same. I'm not in a position to measure it etc. Appreciate if anyone has had any experience with the above. While on the subject of interchangeability. Would the wabco brake pump and or the fuel pump fit into a 4.0 1995 RR

·
Registered
105 Posts
Find a dismantler/breaker in your area that has a Hollander interchange book or see if the library has one. You could also go to the parts house and have them compare the two applications :wink:
Common sense :roll:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the lack of common sense,,,,,,, Firstly I have never heard of the "Hollander interchange book" Thank you for that education. T^he only way for me to co,pare these parts side by side is to buy them first, that's why I posted , to try and avoid wasting my money. That,s one reason I joined this forum.
Does any one know if there is any where on the net where I could search to see if these parts are actually interchangeable. I searched the Hollander company but I would have to buy the software. Unfortunately I cant afford it. I did use some of my last remaining common sense before I posted the original question, and actually phoned some dismantle rs. Without any succeeds. Obviously,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,425 Posts
Download Microcat and check the part nos. but, having just had a quick look at Microcat for the VC, I'd say no.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
the P38 coupling is a fair bit bigger and has more weight to it. But yes now that I look at them they appear to have the same thread

1 - 6 of 6 Posts