RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have a slightly diming or flickering Instrument Pack display? It seems to be more apparent when the headlamps are on. It is just a slight diming every few seconds. Try staring at the display when the engine is idling. Does it dim ever so slightly every few seconds?

Is this a dead giveaway for a suspicious electrical system?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Both of ours have always done this when idling, doesn't seem to be a problem.
Stewart.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Malafax_dand said:
Does anyone else have a slightly diming or flickering Instrument Pack display? It seems to be more apparent when the headlamps are on. It is just a slight diming every few seconds. Try staring at the display when the engine is idling. Does it dim ever so slightly every few seconds?

That was one of the early symptoms that was battery was starting to die (also flickering xenons etc.) I had my independent shop tested and I was charging low and didnt have enough juice. I had the battery replaced a few weeks ago and also replaced the alternator.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
42 Posts
Mine has done this for some time, including the odd flicker on the xenon's even after a new battery has been fitted. It's barely noticible to me now.

mb.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
237 Posts
I have a different flicker on my touchscreen display. When the outside light starts dimming, there is a 10 minutes period where the display darkens and then brightens again and so on, then it settles for a value and leaves me alone. Probably too expensive to fix...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Malafax_dand said:

I've had various alternator/battery issues with my 03. They were always preceded with slightly diming or flickering Instrument pack display. Replacing either the alternator or battery (depending on what was at fault) corrected the issue. I consider the diming/flickering a early warning system... :wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same scenario with the 07 hse that just joined our stable. Should I be concerned? I'll get the battery tested ASAP!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Mine did it for a year before my battery died suddenly one night. I could boost the Rangie and drive her but not enough juice to crank it over. New battery last month cured it. I suggest that your battery is getting weak and this is your Rangie telling you to get a new one!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts