RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am looking to upgrade the look of my 06 RRS instrument cluster. Mainly to change the old-fashioned looking green backlight colour. Would it be possible to change the LEDs to a different colour? Is there any instrument cluster upgrade that can be bought online? Has anyone else done this?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
The instrument lighting is not LED they are standard bulbs in green housings. you can disassemble the cluster an do what ever LED conversion you want but then the rest of dash won't match.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The instrument lighting is not LED they are standard bulbs in green housings. you can disassemble the cluster an do what ever LED conversion you want but then the rest of dash won't match.
I am talking mainly about these two screens:

I would like to change the colour of the green backlight. Is this possible? Are these just bulbs like you said or LEDs?

I would like to change them to white/blue.

Thanks for the help!
I

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
that is not your instrument lighting. Good luck I doubt you can change those.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thank you, does anyone else have any experience with this or any idea on what I would need to do to change the colour of the green displays?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
7 Posts
Looks like LCD. Maybe explore any possible color change to a backlight if there is one. I suppose backlight could be LED.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like LCD. Maybe explore any possible color change to a backlight if there is one. I suppose backlight could be LED.
Thank you. I'm thinking of buying a second hand/damaged instrument cluster and disasssembling it to see how the screen is illuminated, hopefully it is just LEDs soldered to the board that I could swap out, or similar!

I am surprised nobody else has looked into/heard of this, I think changing the colour would instantly give the car a younger feel as the green retro looking screens give it a very dated feel. A white backlight would be ideal!

Thanks again for the help, any further input from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
22 Posts
Please let me know how this goes because I have a blue dome light and the green lights don't look to good with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts