RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Today I replaced some dead bulbs on the instrument cluster of my good old 99 4.6 HSE as shown in the Repair Section on this site.
After refitting everything and starting the engine, the only light that showed up for a few seconds was the red SRS light, the rest remained dead: no messages, no needles, no warnlights, no km, nothing.
Anyone knows what could have happened, is this a BeCM-issue? I have a Britpart Lynx Interface, but never used it.

Thanks for help in advance,

Alex

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
It's pretty safe bet that the ribbon electrical circuit on the back has been damaged, forgot to hook something up or lost your ground.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,198 Posts
Unlikely to be a BECM issue. The SRS lamps are controlled through the small blue connector on the bottom/LHS of the cluster.

Everything else is controlled through the big black connector on the bottom/RHS of the cluster. I'd be checking that's fully plugged in and seated properly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply. After two hours I tried again and, halleluja, everything was fine.
I think the BeCM registered that I took off the multiplug and reset his self after some time.

At this point I want to thank you all for this wonderful site and forum for the great help and info, that makes it possible doing maintenance and repairs by myself. Every time I went to the dealer‘s mechanic he tried to sell me a new car, saying the Range isn‘t worth anymore doing repair. So I did several repairs by myself like the blower servos, radiator and tubes, headliner, EAS-block O-ring replacement (next job) etc. Without this website I never were able to do those things, thanks again. I own this car for more than 17 years, and still love my Range!

Ciao, Alex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts