Range Rovers Forum banner

Instrument Cluster and Radio Not Working - 97 GEMS

6K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  xrav22 
#1 ·
I just changed over some dash trim pieces necessitating removal of the switch panel, radio and HVAC. After putting it all back together I find that the instrument cluster and radio no longer work. At the same time the HVAC lcd screen pulses whether the ignition is on ACC or the vehicle is running. The under dash footwell lights pulse as well. If something is switched on, the pulsing stops, but the instrument cluster and radio still don't work. Curiously, the pulsing also stops when the radio is switched on, although it still doesn't work.

Thank you.

#5 ·
Thanks for that. It's squeaky clean and the wiring looks good. I'm stumped. The only things not working are the instrument cluster and the radio. All of the switches and the HEVAC work. Only the SRS lights up on the dash, as everything else is dark. I replaced the dash a few weeks ago and everything worked perfectly upon install.

Yesterday I replaced dash pieces that arrived after the dash install in order to correct the fake wood plastic stickers that adorned the original trim. I replaced the center switch trim pieced and used all of the original switches, which are working anyhow. I also replaced the side console trim and the window switchpack trim. Aside from the swtiches I didn't remove any other electrical items. I pulled out the radio and reinstalled while it was still connected.

After I put everything back together I switched on the radio and the display was dim and required the security code, which was odd. I hadn't noticed immediately if the instrument cluster worked. I pulled out the radio, checked the connections and reinstalled, then it stopped working. Noticed then that the instrument cluster died too.

Any ideas appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.