RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there are instructions to mounting a OE front brushguard to a 91 RRC? I understand the mounting points, but wondered if there were instructions on how much and what amount to cut off the plastic front spoiler to allow access to mounting location? My truck did not have one on the front, so I will have to cut into this plastic, and would like to get it right!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
my classic is in storage but i thing it was around 3 inches, the best way to do is to cut measure the spoiler, then remove spoiler, install the brush guard and align the bumper, final step reinstall the spoiler .

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
another idea, make a cardboard template of the front section of the spoiler, install the brush guard with out spoiler, trim the template as needed, transfer cuts to spoiler and install.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, can anyone post any close up pics of this cut area on the spoiler? I cannot find any on the net. Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm in favor the swapping idea. It's getting hard to find good spoilers that haven't been cut. I have probably 4-6 spoilers in my stash, and only one of them hasn't been cut. However, if you absolutely can't find someone in your area to trade with, (I'd give Dale Knepp a call) I can grab you some pics and measurements.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in favor the swapping idea. It's getting hard to find good spoilers that haven't been cut. I have probably 4-6 spoilers in my stash, and only one of them hasn't been cut. However, if you absolutely can't find someone in your area to trade with, (I'd give Dale Knepp a call) I can grab you some pics and measurements.
If anyone has one that is cut in great condition, I would be interested, that may be the easiest route.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
well, it is the reason I located two of them at a junkyard. my original had been damaged by road hazard, thus I went in search and located a good undamaged spare. in the same visit there was another, where the brush guard had been removed and the spoiler sat inside the vehicle.
I obtained both and still hold on to the untouched.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts