Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed Black Lettering, the dos and don'ts and the difference between products

I ordered two sets of black lettering. One from eBay and one from Amazon. I made a video of how I changed them.
The amazon set is pure garbage but the eBay set looks great.
I'll post links to the specific products soon. But for now here is a video of how I installed the letters. It end result is perfect save for the fact that the amazon set of letters is not worth a dime.

· Registered
765 Posts
Re: Installed Black Lettering, the dos and don'ts and the difference between products

Looks great! Very sharp. Great video too. It looks like total labor time was ~30min including prep and cleanup?

Looking forward to your recommendations for purchasing these.

· Registered
765 Posts
Re: Installed Black Lettering, the dos and don'ts and the difference between products

Just watched it again and had to say thanks again for the effort! Really great! I'm sure it would have been quicker if you weren't video taping it for us.

· Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Just watched it again and had to say thanks again for the effort! Really great! I'm sure it would have been quicker if you weren't video taping it for us.
;) you're welcome. It actually took like 2 hours to upload using my iphone. I used iMovie on the iPhone to edit it in just a few minutes so I aplogize for the 13 minute long deal.

I really recommend doing it the way I did the rear by taping each latter . I should have done a YouTube search myself before starting cause a lot of people had done it the same way but honestly I like my way best now :)

· Registered
329 Posts

Can you share the seller you bought from on ebay?

· Banned
243 Posts

thanks for doing this Trez.

but this sucks! i got my black lettering last week, and got my Corris Grey ATB yesterday. was excited to see this video because i was thinking of doing it this weekend.

HOWEVER, i got the "bad set" that you got from Amazon, i got it from eBay! i think both sites sell both sets. basically, avoid the yellow packaging. that's exactly what i have, and that's the set that didn't work out for you.

so i got $50 of crappy letters. i could probably return, but what a pain.

big thanks for the heads up tho!!!!!!!!!

p.s. - i'll say this tho... the Corris Grey is muuuch deeper/darker than i thought it would be from pictures (good thing). so i don't mind the silver that's on there at all. the black lettering looks great too. i'm 50/50 at this point, whereas before i was (obviously) dead-set on doing it...

· Registered
2014 RRS
1,718 Posts

thanks for doing this Trez.

but this sucks! i got my black lettering last week, and got my Corris Grey ATB yesterday. was excited to see this video because i was thinking of doing it this weekend.

HOWEVER, i got the "bad set" that you got from Amazon, i got it from eBay! i think both sites sell both sets. basically, avoid the yellow packaging. that's exactly what i have, and that's the set that didn't work out for you.

so i got $50 of crappy letters. i could probably return, but what a pain.

big thanks for the heads up tho!!!!!!!!!

p.s. - i'll say this tho... the Corris Grey is muuuch deeper/darker than i thought it would be from pictures (good thing). so i don't mind the silver that's on there at all. the black lettering looks great too. i'm 50/50 at this point, whereas before i was (obviously) dead-set on doing it...
If you can't decide, maybe go every other letter. You will have the only one in town (nation, world).

· Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I took a few pics yesterday while I was at a client. Overall I'm very happy with this mod but I'm definitely going to replace the rear set with the same kind as the front in the next few weeks.

· Registered
437 Posts

I took a few pics yesterday while I was at a client. Overall I'm very happy with this mod but I'm definitely going to replace the rear set with the same kind as the front in the next few weeks.

Is there that much of a noticeable difference between the lettering on the front and rear? It's hard to tell from the photos. I'm thinking about changing mine to black lettering as well now!

· Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Is there that much of a noticeable difference between the lettering on the front and rear? It's hard to tell from the photos. I'm thinking about changing mine to black lettering as well now!

In the video I did a much better job of showing the difference. Skip to the last part where I walk around the car and point it out. I personally am going to replace the rear ones, so yeah, if you're asking me, it's very noticeable and I hate it.

· Registered
329 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.