RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some help with the installation of the factory rear lamp guards on my 2009 RRS. I installed the factory rear lamp guards on my wife's 1995 Classic without much difficulty, and I don't want to pay the Dealership $150. for this work on the RRS.

I need help specifically with the picture in the Instructions which shows a threaded insert to go in each of the two holes drilled on each side to attach the front (forward) mounting piece for the guard. How does the rivet gun pictured in the instructions figure into this installation?

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
It is most likely not a rivet gun but a threadsert installer. THey look the same in pictures but are very different beasts. Many hardware stores sell them as well as several online suppliers.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,182 Posts
some have not bothered drilling the extra holes and using the 2 existing screws to secure the guards.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It makes sense that the tool needed would insert a threaded piece into the drilled holes. That is what is necessary. The parts guy at the dealership said it needed a rivet gun to install the guards; very misleading and apparently incorrect.

Thanks, I now have the knowledge of the right tool to procure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts