RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a Range Rover a couple of months ago ('99 HSE), and the ABS/TC lights are solid on, all the time. I do plan on diagnosing the faults and doing the necessary repairs when I have time. More immediate is my need for an inspection sticker, and here in the great state of Maine the requirements are quite strict. Bottom line: I need to get those two lights off before I can get a passing inspection. Any thoughts on how a Newbie RR owner might best approach this? Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Light bulbs out?!?!? That thought did breeze through my mind, but only as a last resort, if there was NO other way.

And yes Keith, brakes are important and I do plan on fixing them, just waiting for some time and money. But sadly, the sticker needs to come sooner than later. They suspend registration here if your sticker is out of date.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,307 Posts
Have you checked all the fuses?
Does your speedometer indicate correctly?
The wheel speed sensors provide data for the road speed calculation.
After the fuse check, making sure the wheel speed sensors are properly seated is the next easiest task.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Dont know about your state and country, but here for a road worthy they check the lights come on at startup then go out. I actually had to replace my traction control globe when I bought my classic to get it past inspection.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Question (perhaps remedial): If the car is running, and I'm at a stop sign, how many times should I be able to pump my break pedal before the brake pump cycles on? I'm thinking my accumulator might be bad, because the pump seems to be running too much. It does NOT run all the time, yet. Would a bad accumulator account for the TC/ABS light on? Thanks...

·
Registered
453 Posts
have you checked the brake switch on the pedal.
It can cause the lights to stay on.

The accumulator can cause the lights to stay on but i think you would have had intermittent lights coming on when braking in the first place.
did your abs pump operate frequently? on every brake depression?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts