Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys... Easy question.... I did search the forum and look in my owners manual, but I cannot find the answer.

When I first turn on my Range Rover, on the front dash (under the speedometer) it says, "Inspection 4.10"

Does that mean that the LAST time it was inspected was on April 2010? Or does that mean that it SHOULD be inspect at April 2010 (meaning, it missed the inspection date)? I just purchased the vehicle so I am not sure what that means. Thanks.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,015 Posts
Your owner's manual should explain it, look for "SII" or "Service Interval Indicator", but it sounds to me like either the inspection is overdue or the tech who performed it last forgot to reset the SII - it happens. If the previous owner got the vehicle serviced by an authorized dealer (likely, considering it's a 2008), a call to your local LR service dept should clear things out.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
umbertob said:
Your owner's manual should explain it, look for "SII" or "Service Interval Indicator", but it sounds to me like either the inspection is overdue or the tech who performed it last forgot to reset the SII - it happens. If the previous owner got the vehicle serviced by an authorized dealer (likely, considering it's a 2008), a call to your local LR service dept should clear things out.
Thanks for this.... Just to follow-up from my convo with dealer... Apparently when there is a service appt., they have to reset two functions -- both the mileage until the next service (which starts at 500 miles I think) and the date. Well it looks like they just reset my mileage, but forgot to reset the date.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts