Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Same Boat Occupants,

My EAS compressor is toast*. /:(

But hey - it's not a problem that money can't fix ! :thumb:

Somewhere my new compressor is waiting. If someone could do me a favor and send it to me, I would be very appreciative. :wink:

Time to spend more money that I don't have. :crybaby2:

Please note my liberal use of smilies. ;)

Cordially,

Dan

*It bought the farm. It has gone to The Happy Hunting Grounds. It is no more. It has ceased to be. It has expired and gone to meet its maker. It is demised. It is bereft of life. It is not pining for the fjords. It's a goner.
 

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
5,669 Posts
Not a fan of Month Python then Dan? :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
So, what's exactly wrong w/ your compressor?

Is it the thermal switch, piston, or the motor itself?

There's a lot you can do to resurrect your seemingly dead compressor for significantly less than buying a used unit.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ron,
For his next feat, Ron Obvious will drive his P38 across The English Channel. :D

TheoR,
It's broke. That's what's wrong with it :wink:
For a long time it has been muy, muy slow to raise the vehicle.
No EAS fault messages. No fault messages of any kind.
No weird sounds under the hood.
No line leaks.
Nice, fairly new Gen III Air Springs all the way around.
It's not one particular corner that sinks.
Again, it has been doing this to varying degrees for quite a long time - more than just a few months.
I'm pretty sure it's not a Thyroid problem.
In an odd way, I have been looking forward to this.
I want my EAS to display some joie de vivre.
I'm thinking Thomas 327 CDC 56/12.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
detroit_pierogi said:
It's broke. That's what's wrong with it :wink:
For a long time it has been muy, muy slow to raise the vehicle.
No EAS fault messages. No fault messages of any kind.
No weird sounds under the hood.
No line leaks.
Nice, fairly new Gen III Air Springs all the way around.
It's not one particular corner that sinks.
Again, it has been doing this to varying degrees for quite a long time - more than just a few months.
Hey Pierogi,

I had the same symptoms. This is an easy job, why not try the compressor rebuild yourself? If I can do it with shupack's instructions you can definitely do it. If you have never replaced the piston seal, it's probably toast. Of course you could just say screw it and get a whole compressor, but give the rebuild a shot first. I've got an extra seal if you need it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Sometimes, I am fairly slow, but in this case, I feel that maybe Dan wants a Thomas, and not to rebuild his old compressor. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong and have stumbled upon myself, but he seems to be giving all the signs...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
detroit_pierogi said:
Ron,
For his next feat, Ron Obvious will drive his P38 across The English Channel. :D
Something to challenge Jeremy Clarkson with? He loves Range Rovers.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
M. Yellow,
Thanks for the info and the offer. I'm not necessarily opposed to being bothered by the facts. I'll roll it around some.
Firing it up and recording the sound isn't beyond my ability.
Overcoming my laziness is the next challenge. Actually, it's more like a constant losing battle, but I keep plugging away.
 

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
Joined
·
550 Posts
NikeCheck246 said:
Sometimes, I am fairly slow, but in this case, I feel that maybe Dan wants a Thomas, and not to rebuild his old compressor. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong and have stumbled upon myself, but he seems to be giving all the signs...
There come a point with us Rangie owners that we actually look forward to things braking so we can replace the broken parts with shinny new ones or better engineered replacements. At that point, has one gone past the point of no return where the addiction has overtaken the habit?
 

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
Joined
·
865 Posts
Go for a new 327 compressor, sell the wife if you have too.

Let the kids go bare foot if they need shoes, they have feet dont they :shock:
Its a known fact that Range Rovers come first
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top