Range Rovers Forum banner

Input signals to gearbox

385 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  tirukaly 
#1 ·
Hello! I need some advice with my 2000 DSE, automatic gearbox.
My 4hp22 is kicking when changing gears and stalling when torque converter blocks. Last owner said that he rebuilt the gearbox and the problem is not in gearbox itself, but in some sensors and such. Which sensors should I check?
The only fault I have is "Fuel Quantity Actuator Fault", but it causes me no discernable problems. MAP, MAF, in-tank pump are new. ABS sensors are working. CPS and Needle Lift sensor are ok according to live data. The only thing I've never touched is High Pressure Fuel Pump apart from adjusting injection timeing and fuel-per-stroke quantity.
I have enjoyed this car for more that 3 years and 80k km and all that time the gearbox is kicking and stalling without any signs of getting worse, so at least it's consistant. :) It also seems a little strange as if the problem would be in the gearbox itself it would have died already. But maybe it's just that sturdy.
Hope to hear your thoughts. Sorry for any butchered therminology, I'm not native.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.