RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys hope everyone is safe and well
I have a 2015 65 plate Range Rover vogue se sdv8 (16my) Uk spec which has an intermittent suspension damping problem
When it works the vehicle will absorb irregular road surfaces with no problems
Every so often and with no warning and no dash faults the shock absorbers don’t seem to work and crashes through potholes and bad road surfaces etc
The steering will also feel very vague
Connected sdd with no fault codes showing and followed the inoperative damping symptoms
Followed recommendations and ran dynamic response test which passed ok
Successfully recalibrated chassis control module which needed updates files
Test drive seemed to be ok and damping back to normal
After approx 50 miles it has gone back to crashing through potholes etc
Should I be looking t replacing a specific module etc
I know it’s difficult with no fault codes to work with but have any forum experts had this problem before and could advise on best way to proceed using sdd with this
Would I be right in thinking the electronic dampers go though a learning cycle like the older range rovers ?
Any help and advice on this problem would be greatly appreciated
Allan

·
Registered
681 Posts
You might have air or contaminated particles in your dynamic response valve block. It’s a very sensitive system that has very sensitive fluid in it. It might be contaminated. You need to get a 2nd opinion on this. Maybe someone else can chirp in? It’s a first for me.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Also you might get a better response on fullfatrr forums. Google it. They are close to you in the UK. They can recommend a good Indy shop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah thanks mark I am a member on fullfat but no one is any wiser including my local Indy
dynamic response fluid was changed approx month ago by Main dealer
they were a waste of time trying to solve the problem

·
Registered
681 Posts
Next step would be LCA’s replacement then suspension airbags

1 - 5 of 5 Posts