Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Rangerover Sport TDV6
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, how on earth does one remove the inner fuse box on my 2008 RRS ? I’m wanting to get to the A pillar sun roof drain as am certain the rubber elbow has perished and is leaking water in when raining. It’s flooded on the left passenger side and a Land Mech said he has had a few leak but he couldn’t remember how to remove the plugs on the back of the fuse box. I have taken the seat out to lift and dry the carpet and the glove box etc so it’s fully exposed and the bottom two nuts are off and it drops down about half way then found plugs on the back catching the rear support bracket and unless I remove 3 fingers from my right hand I can get in to unplug to get to the rubber elbow"………….

·
Registered
2007 Range Rover 4.2 SC V8
161 Posts
This is hard to follow. The fusebox is easy to remove. Remove the glovebox. You may have to remove the nav module underneath. I think it has 4 torx to screws to remove along with 5 power feeds on the bottom of the box. Disconnect your battery prior to any of this. Once you remove the power feeds you can wiggle the fuse box down and disconnect the 3 or 4 plugs on the top

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. I removed the 2 big plugs on the top of the fuse box and one lower down on the front so they are all out of the way but I can only pull it down a out half way then the small plugs on the back get caught on a black steel bracket and the space is too small for me to get the hand up the back to try feel what type of plug it is in order to push the clips and pull them out. At which point I'm sure it will then come out completley giving me access to see the drain pipe and check if the elbow is perished or loose.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hmm I can't picture the bracket but I would start looking zip ties. The connectors are those latching ones with the locking lever if you will

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ah ok , so the smaller version of the bigger front plugs. I will try jam my phone up there and take a photo to give me a head start on what to look or feel for. Thanks👍

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I wouldn't want to do this each week thats for sure. Finally the rear plugs lined up in the coded shaped holes after using a long long nose plier. Then the front 2 top plugs gave a little grief as the latch didnt fold down properly but needed to push a tad harder on the main plug to seat the tags for the latch to grab. All back together now and the wind screen was removed and resealed today as the sunroof drain was perfectly fine behind the fuse box.
Then for my good deed the usual HDC fault kicked in twice on the 11 km drive home haha and thats booked into a land workshop on Friday as am at the end of my wits with working outs causing it.
3 scanners/ codes readers including my Nancom Evo doesn't identify the exact cause of the fault but shows 15 faults every single time it faults from multiple "no contact to this and that ecu" to limp mode/ trans fault, no single from ride height sensor etc.
Now paying a Landy man in a private garage to identify the culprit. And i STILL love my Sport haha!

Thanks for all the help and ideas.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Below is a link to my journey with all those faults. Give it a read and I hope you find it useful.
The TLDR is that it can be hard to pinpoint, and even shops can struggle to solve. Because of all I struggled through with my rig I feel like I know every inch of my vehicle now and am confident to tackle any problem in the future. I see you are someone who isn't afraid to get into the vehicles and I would highly recommend diving into some more yourself. It pays off on every angle to be your own first call on these things.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey AaronV, thanks so much. I will definitely go through and check all the bits that I missed as ran out of Landrover trained friends to interrogate over the past 3 to 4 months. I so want to find the fault myself to give this ongoing sarge "closure" . Will let you know what i have found when I do👍

1 - 8 of 8 Posts