RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some time back someone mentioned that the latest infotainment update on the 17's features text messaging...I just got the truck back with the latest and using a Galaxy I could not see text messages anywhere....The loaner which was a Disco Sport had it on the phone page...can anyone confirm if the 17's with an update does or does not have text reading...

·
Registered
254 Posts
you may be referring to me - but I got it to _somewhat_ work in my '18.
I'm not sure anyone has had any luck with a '17.
Here's the knowhow: http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/how-diy/37697-how-ictp-text-messaging-setup-use.html
I'm assuming there is no way to get text messages on a 2016 then since AppleCarPlay is not available for that year?

My 2015 BMW X5 can get text messages displayed and read via BMW connectedDrive, but CarPlay wasn't available until 17' I think...can't remember 100%

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
it is actually an ICTP feature, had nothing to do with CarPlay. Still, it's for In-Control Touch Pro (MY17 and up) only.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is actually an ICTP feature, had nothing to do with CarPlay. Still, it's for In-Control Touch Pro (MY17 and up) only.
Not all 17's are included...my early 17 has not been able to get it working...JLR looking into the issue...

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
I'm assuming there is no way to get text messages on a 2016 then since AppleCarPlay is not available for that year?
A: the OP has a 2017 not a 2016.

B: what does Apple Car Play have to do with his Galaxy phone.... you know Android Auto...

Please pay attention to what any OP is actually posting before bringing apple stuff into responses. :naughty:

·
Registered
254 Posts
The question was merely asking if Text messages can be read regardless of the phone used. Simply describing Apple Carplay feature on the newer units....:naughty:

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
29 Posts
This does work on the 18C and later software update. Not sure how you do it on Android but there should be a bluetoooth option to show notifications. When you receive a message it will then display on the car’s screen. It won’t let you look at old text messages etc. only new ones that come in.

I would recommend just using Android Auto though, this will give you more functionality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts