RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Ranger Rover Sport HSE. The infotainment system/navigation head unit is no longer working. The local dealership, in Toronto, wants over $4,200 for the part not including the $1000 for labor and tax. The infotainment system is not that great. Does anyone here have options for purchasing an after market head unit?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,707 Posts
Your dealer is after money, not a fix. Seriously, do you want a system fixed or a trashy aftermarket garb that looks like an old hack job? We have no idea what the root issues are, what is not working or what the dealer thinks needs to be replaced.

Give us some real info and I bet someone here can give a resolution that is less than you $5200 you claim is in the works.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Get the local stereo shop to pull the unit for you. It might be loose cable or fuse. If not something simple, there was a Harman/Becker repair shop in Sandiego that could fix Porsche head units - call them - Maybe they can fix yours for much less $$. The most common parts to fail at this age are capacitors and similar passive components on the board - fairly simple to diagnose and replace if you know what you are doing. Their web site claims they fix jaguar/clarion - as well - not landrover however - but maybe worth a shot. The Porsche repair was about $200 if I recall (of course if lcd needs replacing could be more)

http://www.radiomanrepair.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqfX5qubn2QIVCC9pCh3mQwWREAAYAyAAEgL_RPD_BwE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts