Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

I own an 08 Range Rover SC. Jag motor. 125K on her in the 2+yrs that owned her. I've replaced the brake lines and the alternator. I have the typical fault codes that I read about on here and I deal with them in stride "no big" really. But now I have a problem that I need to address ASAP! Two days ago I get in the Range and start driving down the road like any other day. But this time I notice that the radio is bouncing from station to station and I can't control it. I couldn't change the modes I couldn't change the station. The orange light on the power button was blinking continuously. I was on a short trip to the store so I arrived at my destination and shut the rig off and went on with my agenda. A little while later I returned to the vehicle and proceeded the start it and drive home. This time all I have from the Infotainment System is the Logo on the screen, nothing else, no sound, no responses, no nothing. It's completely locked out now. The orange light on the power button is still blinking however and continues to do so to this day. I have tried holding the power button down, removing corresponding fuses, pretty much every thing that I can think of to unlock this deal. This thing needs a reboot, or maybe a reprogram...... IDK. It has power, but doesn't respond to any commands by either touching the screen or the manual buttons. One thing I could do was get to the diagnostic screen by hold my finger at the top center of the screen for 5 seconds then punching in the code on the provided keyboard. IDK what to do with that though. I played around with the options given, but to no avail. I need to unlock this deal as soon as possible.

Anyone experience this before? What can be done here? The rig performs perfectly other than this issue.

Please advise.

~Rookie

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Worked!! What a great thread! Thanks Buba!

It was a bit tough to get the ends aligned and held in place perfectly. The pen idea was slightly to big and the ends were able to get out of alignment and didn't make contact. I had to resort to using a piece of plastic tubing. The Fiber cords are really stiff and pull against being connected end to end. Regardless, IT WORKED and I couldn't be happier!

~Rookie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts