RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

sorry this is probably a dumb question, lots and lots of reviews about the 18 infotainment system not working properly and software updates, do you guys still have the problem? do all the RRS 18+ have the issue with screen going black? maybe some have or some don't have the software issue, but if its a software issue, I'm thinkig all have them, before buying another one 18+, would like to know if this still a problem or what Im getting in to, my 16 is problem free.

Thanks all for your time.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hey Solrac, there is still a huge number of unresolved issues like backup cameras not working properly, iPods getting stuck, voice commands not working, screens freezing, etc. It seems that with each update they fix something only to break something else.

What are the infotainment features that you use the most? Depending on what they are you might be able to live with the occasional hiccup. Let me know and I'm happy to chime in a bit further.

Jose

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jose,

I would like to not worry and be taking the truck to have it checked for those issues, I’d rather have my 16 problem free hehe knock on wood, I’ll test drive the supercharged v8 just one more time.

Thanks so much for the info señor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
You are not gonna get worry free with ICTP or ICTP Duo. The system is nothing short of a mess! I had a 2014 SC before my current 2017 HSE Dynamic. The infotainment was antiquated but it worked flawlessly and like you said problem-free.

Good luck!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the old system and 360 cameras, everything works fine, screen resolution is not very good but problem free

·
Registered
31 Posts
I love all the recent updates. Haven’t had any issues, especially with CarPlay. Would 1000% take 18+ over the older ones.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How long ago was the last time you had the update or How many miles? Glad is working good, I’m thinking all should be working good then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts