RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes... This topic has been beaten like a dead horse, (mostly by me lol) but it's getting to a point where the backup camera is just dangerous. Dealer replaced the camera on the hatch but it did nothing with this horrendously outdated resolution head unit. :?

Has any of you tech-geniuses here figured a way to add the 2017 head unit with some sort of adapter? I am it so will keep it some time so looking to finally fix the things that drive me batty about the sport!

While we are on the subject of updates... Anyone know of a hack to add the heated/cooling seats control to the temp knobs that started on the 2016?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sadly as a 14 RRS owner I think the only remedy is to buy the 17 or 18. You'd have to upgrade the camera...then the screen...then the software...I don't think it will work from an engineering perspective.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Yes... This topic has been beaten like a dead horse, (mostly by me lol) but it's getting to a point where the backup camera is just dangerous. Dealer replaced the camera on the hatch but it did nothing with this horrendously outdated resolution head unit. :?

Has any of you tech-geniuses here figured a way to add the 2017 head unit with some sort of adapter? I am it so will keep it some time so looking to finally fix the things that drive me batty about the sport!

While we are on the subject of updates... Anyone know of a hack to add the heated/cooling seats control to the temp knobs that started on the 2016?
Replacing the camera on the hatch with the same OEM type camera will not give you better resolution even if you upgrade the screen...it's the poor resolution from the OEM camera, not the screen. You might have to consider installing an aftermarket camera if you really want better camera resolution. I have the Android head unit installed in my L405 and the camera resolution is the same as it was on the OEM screen. On the plus side, the Android unit has the option to plug in an aftermarket camera so I will be researching this at some point and maybe adding an aftermarket camera for better resolution.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Replacing the camera on the hatch with the same OEM type camera will not give you better resolution even if you upgrade the screen...it's the poor resolution from the OEM camera, not the screen. You might have to consider installing an aftermarket camera if you really want better camera resolution. I have the Android head unit installed in my L405 and the camera resolution is the same as it was on the OEM screen. On the plus side, the Android unit has the option to plug in an aftermarket camera so I will be researching this at some point and maybe adding an aftermarket camera for better resolution.
I bought the Android unit , but I can’t find good aftermarket camera with better resolution . Could someone help ?

·
Registered
535 Posts
I bought the Android unit , but I can’t find good aftermarket camera with better resolution . Could someone help ?
I'm not sure if these are only made to work with Alpine units but I've had this camera installed with an aftermarket Alpine unit when I had my 2004 L322. The Alpine cameras are amazing but they are expensive. I'm sure there are other good quality cameras out there that are not as expensive ...just do a search online.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
W84IT
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing