RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Hopefully this is the right forum, but I am in the market for a 2006 Range Rover Sport SC. I have reached out to a dealership that has one w/119k miles for sale for $11,000. Is that a good price for that vehicle, considering the age and mileage? It seems the oil was changed approximately every 8-12k miles, and the car had barely been in service for 10 year before it finally broke 60k miles on the odo.

Were there any common issues with that model year or any major issues or common problems with this generation of Range Rover Sports? Any "success" stories of flawless ownership? When buying one, are there any signs I should look for that shows either neglect or meticulous care by the previous owner(s), or signs of impeding major problems that are about to occur?

You guys are the experts and have owned these cars for years, with extensive knowledge, so I decided to rely on your wealth of information. Of course I will probably get a PPI, but in the meantime, any advice/help is greatly appreciated (before I get to that step). I don't want to walk into something that I will regret later on. (I can provide a link to the Carfax if needed).

Thanks a bunch!!!!

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
516 Posts
Yes you are on the right forum...none better. Use the search tool and it will open up the gates of knowledge.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
408 Posts
Most here will tell you to search - and for more details I will tell you the same - but to save some time - at 111k miles - I would get the service history from the dealer and/or carfax

Supercharger can have issues - search. Were plugs changed ? Was coolant changed ? What about transmission and diff/transfer case. None of those are that expensive , but you should budget to do it , if it wasn’t .

What about lower control arms, compressor and air springs ? Water pump ? Alternator, belts, pulleys ? Common items that might have to be done at this age.

What about leaks/clunks from active roll bar ? That could be quite expensive to fix. Do all electric windows, mirrors and seats work? Is carpet dry in passenger foot well ? Does heater and ac work - check heat and air from all vents. Do active headlights swing up and down when you start car. Are there two keys ? Is tire wear even ? Tire tread and brakes remaining ? Car runs straight with no wheel wobble at freeway speed ?

$11k is a good deal if car has been serviced well - else budget to do many of these items in the next year or two.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts