RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just kidding... Did a little off-roading some pics of the adventure.

I would like some new tires though... I started the trail knowing the street tires would going to be bad if the mud got thick. Did get stuck once, but after jamming some wood under the tires the range got itself out surprisingly easy. Looking at it stuck I though for sure I'd need a tow.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Some great pics there!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Nice, thanks for sharing! Where is that exactly, looks like a beautiful trail (especially from down here, bone-dry Southern California in the middle of summer...) But you are right about the tires, you were indeed very lucky that you got out of that muck with your racing slicks and without needing a good yank from a passing Jeep, we would not want to see photos of that. :wink:

·
Registered
77 Posts
tutt tutt never go it alone :naughty: :naughty: should be at least 2 trucks.
looks beautiful though how lucky are you.
ian

·
Registered
121 Posts
those are nice lookin 24"s! LOL
Nice interior too. I hope you didn't get those floor mats too muddy!

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, this was in Vermont USA. It isn't a, "trail," it's just what the streets look like around there. The main road for the town we stayed in was a packed dirt road, everything else is basically like that.

I felt fine without other cars with me, worst case we flagged down a tractor or something to pull us out. every 1/2-1 mile or so there was a farm/house/trailor home/etc

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
07CARRERA said:
those are nice lookin 24"s! LOL
Nice interior too. I hope you didn't get those floor mats too muddy!
The whole interior got trashed... When we got stuck, and I walked around to the back of the car to check it, I sank into mud up to my knees... I almost got stuck on foot, lol. The 3 people with me all helped get it out, and we were all covered in mud...

Plus the car got dented up pretty nice on the door and tailgate, paintless dent removal guy is here now banging them all out.

really good time though, I'll be going again soon, this time smaller wheels, big mud tires, and more recovery tools.

I can't believe it actually got out of the mud though, if you look at this pic

thats taken just after exiting the mud, the passenger wheel was not only in a foot of mud, but also had to overcome a large mound of dirt which you can see in the pic, it's just behind the passenger wheel. While stuck the car was actually bottomed out on the mound, we just jammed lots of wood/rocks/etc under the wheels and it pulled itself out. :dance:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts