RangeRovers.net Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
John,

After having my recall done i did notice the same sounds as yourself. They have completely gone now though, must have been the new Diff "bedding in" if such thing happens??

Stratsone Wolverhampton gave me a TDV8 to play with for the day. I also admit that the trim did feel a tad poorer in quality??? Still seriously thinking of the new TDV8 simply for more poke as the TDV6 struggles!! One thing i did notice about the TDV8 was how quiet the engine was! Whether its due to any added sound proofing?? or just a way better designed engine. Saying this though i would like to hear the sound of a V8!! albeit a Diesel!!

Regards
Paul T

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
I think it's a case by case deal. Some got there ($150) up front, others in a boges alignment (that is or should be part of the fix), and me. I have had to fill out paper work from the service manager, supplyed copys of work orders...I'm still waiting, and not holding my breath.

Mark.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Not sure if you guys already know this, but LR Australia has started a recall program for the diff problem. I got a call a couple of days ago from the selling dealer to book the car in. They aren't our closest dealer so they are passing my details on to the closer dealer. Still waiting for them to call.

So good news for us Aussies.

Cheers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Help!

I have just bought a 2002 RR 3 and have been reading all of the last posts. Can I take advantage of this recall? I bought the car from a local dealer no a RR dealer.

Thanks. :?

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
860 Posts
ian314 said:
Help!

I have just bought a 2002 RR 3 and have been reading all of the last posts. Can I take advantage of this recall? I bought the car from a local dealer no a RR dealer.

Thanks. :?
Yes, currently the recall is for the vehicle not the owner. Some of us are wishing for the latter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
my 2002 l322 just had the diff go for the second time. i took it to the main dealer and they replaced the whole thing. apparently there was a re call some time ago that i didnt know about. the car now has the new style diff and wont go wrong again. fingers crossed. it would be worth just popping into the dealer and checking if your car has been done. better that than be stranded on the hard sholder of the M25. again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
04 Range Rover i went in to buy Coolant the guy gave it tome for free,then he told me to check for open Recalls
and the Diff popped up,they took it in the next week and gave me a 2009 LR2 as a loaner lol,then looked over the whole truck and told me its all ok in a dealer write up sheet,suggested that I needed an injector service but wasnt really bad :thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I took my 03' RR in about a month ago for a repair and they told me there was a recall on the Diff, so they made the repairs while it was in. They told me it was a rebuild, not a replacement. I don't have my invoice with me, but can post the information on parts later if anyone is interested.

03' Range Rover HSE

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

Newbie here writing for the first time. I live in Ontario Canada and drive an 04' westminster . I thank this forum for many many helpful threads that got me out of freaking out.

I've got the recall service done on my RR 3 weeks ago. It took 3 days for the recall because of the holiday in the middle and another 2 weekend days because the mechanic let the key on so the power went out :clap: . Anyway the car is now done and I'm waiting for the $150 check from the dealer which they're claiming to the Landrover Canada. The car drove smooth for 2 weeks and went jerky and clunky in slow speeds with weird squeaky sound in the front especially when turning the steering wheel and when stopping. I even feel a little wobbling of the steering wheel in mid-high speeds. :x I've been reading about the same issue in this thread and couldn't decide how to solve it. Anyone got a good solution yet?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, just have my 2002 td6 back from the dealer having just replaced the front diff. Had no idea there was a recall. Was only made aware of it whenever my gearbox failed and was advised at that point that a repair will be done on the diff free of charge. Having just put a new diff in some 9000 miles ago I asked about a refund on the diff I had got put in and was advised if I had the receipt for the repair they would reclaim for it. They have and they were successful so I am awaiting the refund. Sort of helps towards the £2,800 for the gearbox.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just had the rework done today while they had it in for the MOT. (Annual mandatory safety check for all cars over 3 years old in the UK)

No courtesy car was offered or taken and the job rolled over from yesterday onto today.

There's now a slight vibration felt through the floor and pedals etc under mild acceleration. :roll:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I brought a 02 vogue just the other day (my first RR), I got it 20 miles up the road and the Diff exploded, so if you get the opportunity to get it replaced RR expense GET IT DONE and you will save £750 (unlike me)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I agree, the modified (final version) is a much better bet. It would be good to know when or if the replacement program runs out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all

Have been away for a while since letting go of my P38 but back in style with an 02 L322 3.0 TD6.

Bought from a friend who'd had her for 2 years.

Well the good news is that the Q041 Quality Assurance Programme Diff Service Action (or recall) is still alive and in force.

Mine sheared its teeth two weeks ago and after researching I made an enquiry with Land Rover main dealers, providing the VIN no and they confirmed I was covered. Not bad on a 9 yr old car with 124k thats not been near the main dealer network in years.

They werent interested in service history etc just confirmed with Land Rover.

The paperwork read nearly £500 worth of work and they even washed the car and blacked the tyres - all completely free !!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's here. I check with my service rep two days ago, and she had a notice that they will be doing a recall to replace part (when they are in stock), starting in about 30 days. Not sure of the order they will be starting (you might think that they would go with the ones that already have had problems) or higher mileage/age...

161 - 180 of 203 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
202 Replies
128 Participants
Bezzy0_0
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing