RangeRovers.net Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 200 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yep, ive been told the same thing.

I took my newly acquired 2005 into my local main dealer, who checked its history and informed me that the diff needs changing.

She said there was a back order on parts and would not be able to book me in for around 8 weeks. Im number 5 in the waiting queue :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
were you located paul
I phoned up the other day and im number 2 (so im told) and no time scale given.
When i mentioned it she just ask if its still drivable ...lol, got to do a few hundered miles this month so double checked with Mr Greenflag (breakdown)
and im covered to the hilt which is good!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello to you all

My apologies if my question is a repeat and is already posted somewhere down the line but I've only just joined the forum. Can anybody tell me when this service acion/recall expires i.e. is it still valid?

H

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi all

How would I even know if my diff needs to be replaced?
I bought my car Jan 11 from a dealer and there was no specific mention of any services performed on it. Thx

2003 RR HSE 4.4
106K miles

·
Registered
52 Posts
i just phoned them up and asked for any outstanding recalls and they had it on file that mine had not been done.
they change the spline fit to a fixed bolt.
I dropped mine off this morning and should have it back tomorrow

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks sleeper! Called my local LR Dealer and asked for any outstanding recalls. I provided them the last 8 of my VIN and they pulled up the vehicle info. Apparently the last owner of my car already took it to a dealer to get the diff replaced.

·
Registered
52 Posts
result! at least its done
and
ive just got a call from the dealers...its finished! already!...cool
now i can take back there mazda 5 loan car...love seeing 49.5mpg on the clock but not feeling the car at all

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just telephoned Stratstones in Cardiff and apparently mine has been done.:)

The girl on the phone said that the recall (her words not mine) was still active.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does anybody know, now that the recall is finished, can you buy the kit to convert std setup to post 06 setup ? My diff gave out less than 24hrs after buying car but is being repaired with Ashcroft coupler and new shaft. Longer term though I would prefer to swap to newer setup.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Best give your local dealer a bell, should only take a sec to find out.
9 years after being on the road and mine was changed (mid last year)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hello everyone, i was wondering if i missed the boat on this one, 'so to speak'
My car which i only had about a year,has still got original diff coupling fitted on this to my 2003 4.4 M62.
In contact with local dealer today, 10th march 2014,
who is looking into it for me , doesn't seem to know anything about it but being helpful over phone my car doesn't seem to be coming up on computer for anything well out of the 20-35,000 odd effected , i got to be unlucky if thats the case, , going to get back to me.
In the meantime if it is indeed recall now finished , what happens to all the l322's that didn't get done , all driving around in a potential accident waiting to happen vehicle, i am getting strange noises from under car , could this be the start of the front diff stating to fail? I not wanting to drive it really.
What options do i have to remedy if landrover wont do it or acknowledge this issue anymore?:sad:
UPDATE:

Dealer has now got back to me , and states there is nothing showing on the database for my 2003 model?
Quoting ' this vehicle does not exist in any field service action'
Yet the letter to ford shows that 2003,2004,through to 2005 are effected, what makes my 2003 exempt from this recall, i have the orignal coupling that everyone is having repaired,later models than mine are being recalled and repaired?
The forums member replies above indeed show customers having cars repaired 2003- through to 2005. I not understanding this really, have got back to them to investigate more deeply , not happy with database maybe Thats not correct?

·
Registered
111 Posts
UPDATE:

Dealer has now got back to me , and states there is nothing showing on the database for my 2003 model?
Quoting ' this vehicle does not exist in any field service action'
Yet the letter to ford shows that 2003,2004,through to 2005 are effected, what makes my 2003 exempt from this recall, i have the orignal coupling that everyone is having repaired,later models than mine are being recalled and repaired?
The forums member replies above indeed show customers having cars repaired 2003- through to 2005. I not understanding this really, have got back to them to investigate more deeply , not happy with database maybe Thats not correct?
Update:

i have been in contact with dealer they have confirmed old part was indeed fitted to my car ( yeah told you all along)but it hadn't failed yet?lol

(didn't know you had to wait for it to fail 1st)

Customer services have been brilliant with me, no grovelling required yet from me (refreshing change),
They have offered goodwill gesture for 85% of replacement!
Now my dilemma is without sounding ungrateful do i accept and get the job done, knowing that others have had the work carried out totally free of charge and others who had the work done other through land rover were refunded for the work they had done?
Anyone? Do i pursue for all work done foc?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,964 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Our 2004 does not show being repaired either. We called the landrover number and I was advised that there is no record of the work being done. Ours is at 174,000 km's. I was thinking of contacting a dealer to see if they would run the vin and check. Does anyone have a recommendation as to how to approach a dealer for this service or just talk to the service mgr and go from there. Is it possible that ours is ok and will remain so or more likely that a po did it and nothing got recorded. Thanks for reading

·
Registered
111 Posts
Our 2004 does not show being repaired either. We called the landrover number and I was advised that there is no record of the work being done. Ours is at 174,000 km's. I was thinking of contacting a dealer to see if they would run the vin and check. Does anyone have a recommendation as to how to approach a dealer for this service or just talk to the service mgr and go from there. Is it possible that ours is ok and will remain so or more likely that a po did it and nothing got recorded. Thanks for reading
If it was me , i would contact your dealer and make vin enquiry if your car should be done?
In the uk the dealers are more or less less interested in this prior recall qo41 and simply state is closed now. Landrover customer services more understanding though in my expereience though.
I am more likely to think where your located is that they would do that for you free of charge , here we have to fight for anything to be done.

181 - 200 of 203 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
202 Replies
128 Participants
Bezzy0_0
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing