RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cockeysville, Maryland: Land Rover Hunt Valley

Hope this Dealership Feedback thread will be useful - it seems to work well on the UK RR forum

I live 50mi north of NYC. I was about to lease (my 1st) Range Rover from a local dealership 'till I found these guys online. For $100. more a month than I was quoted for an '07 HSE, I got a leftover, untitled '06 RR Sport S/C -Loaded -Blk/Blk - had less than 100mi. on it. A young guy, still in college, Jose, runs the Internet Sales Dept. at Hunt Valley. Knows what he's doing and the Sport inside out. We set up the lease over the phone, they overnited the paperwork, and yesterday I drove (275mi) down and picked up my new beauty. I was turning in my 4th leased A8. A 40% increase for a lease on the same equipped '07 A8 had me say bye bye Audi. Jose got me the number of the Audi dealership 2mi down the road from them. I arranged returning the car on the phone. And yesterday he picked me up there w/ my plates & EZ pass under my arm.
Thanks to this forum, I had purchased a set of Vredestein Wintrac 4 Extreme's-from Fred at Waukegan Tire and had them drop shipped to Hunt Valley. When we pulled in my Black beauty was sitting there w/ the V-steins on and the OEM Conti ice-skates in the plastic lined back (rear seats folded-of course) No Charge.
With all the paperwork done two weeks prior, all I had to do was have my Insurance broker fax a binder. That done, Jose spent half an hour w/ me in the Sport going over everything. (He didn't, however, know about the 1791 hack & was impressed when I pulled up the code pad screen. He'll be lurking.)
He filled up the tank, bottled water in the cooler and it having been so windy out w/ dust from construction next door, said he would send up a check so I could have the Sport detailed by my guy here in NY. Off I went.
Having only test driven an HSE, the S/C was seriously impressive cruising 3.5 hrs up I-95. And if my memory serves me, I think the V-steins felt better than the ride I took in an HSE on Conti's
I rate my experience w/ Land Rover Hunt Valley AAA+++
Jose - Internet Sales Mgr. and Sheldon-Business Mgr. were both knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient.
I wish it was my local dealership so I could service there.

So...thread started (albeit a bit longwinded) share your Dealer/Service Dept. experiences.
Any help where in the NY Metro area I should go for service?

·
Registered
110 Posts
timbrehse,
Good feedback on Hunt Valley LR.
I live in Binghamton, NY & have been to Hunt Valley a few times since I am from Ellicott City, MD originally & get back there a few times a year.
The closest LR dealer to me is 2 hrs away in Albany, but I have purchased two LR's from LR Princeton in NJ. Joel the sales guide there is very good & I get the best prices from him. I live 3 hours away from Princeton & they still valleted my LR for service. I belive they might not be to far from you.

·
Registered
127 Posts
OK, I'll give my experience. I went to Land Rover Albuquerque after visiting the Toyota dealership and going through all the prying and negotiating with the SA. I said that i wanted to drive a RRS b/4 I committed to the Landcruiser. When I drove on the lot at LR, nobody came running out greeting me and my wife. We looked at the RRS's on the lot and then waled inside. SA say's "can I help you"? I told him I wanted to drive an HSE and then a S/C. He came back with 2 sets of keys and off we went. We were racing around for about and hour. Fast forward to the purchase. I agreed to the price after asking about negotiating. He said they really don't negotiate new vehicles. Fine, the price was what I expected anyway. He brought the contract back to me and said well we knocked off $2000 and will throw in all the accessories you wanted for free. WOW! Deal. So far I haven't needed to deal with them in any other way since I am not at 7500 miles yet. But the experience was pretty **** good.

Land Rover Albuquerque 2 thumbs Up

·
Registered
480 Posts
My initial experience with Annapolis Jaguar Land Rover was positive. A year ago, the guy stays open late for a customer that wasn't even buying then. They didn't have any Sports to show me except one owned by another salesman. So we took that! I was floored! Fast forwarding to a year later, I purchased an '07. I got it via X-Plan. Though, the salesman did say A-Plan. Anyway, I'm happy. My daughter loves the dealership. It's pretty much brand spanking new as they moved. There are always huge chocolate chip cookies, coffee, hot chocolate, water, etc. available in the lounge as well as a nice big flat panel TV! I haven't reported any problems yet. Though I will be today: squeaking brakes and seat memory #1 isn't functioning.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
This should be a sticky. Please post dealership feeback here in the future. If you have a comment about a particular dealership, make sure you either mention name and address of that dealer in the subject line of the reply, or at the very beginning of your message.

·
Registered
236 Posts
LR Alexandria

I've lived in NOVA (Northern VA) since 2000 and have been a regular visitor to LR Alexandria. Since then, I've seen the majority of their staff turn over, however, I've always received decent treatment there. They're always willing to let me test drive pretty much anything I want, and the purchase of my FL went very smoothly at a good price.

Service has been OK. I've been real lucky and haven't had any major issues on my FL. However, it did take 3 tries to have them replace the "land rover" graphic on the hood (first time back ordered, replacement missing a letter, wrong color, third time a charm). Not a big deal by any means, but frustrating.

Overall though, I've been pleased and have no problem reccomending them based on my experiences ("your experience may vary..."). :wink:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Fremont, California Land Rover and Jaguar

Pros:
1) Quick appointment scheduling and can usually take vehicle in within a day or so

2) We have always had a loaner available. We have had Jaguar, LR3's and a enterprise car.

3) Service typically completed that day(Except for this recent issue which took 14 days and i had to chase them to get updates)

4) Very clean facility and work has almost always been performed properly and our Sport has always been returned washed and detailed

Cons:

1) Very poor communication between service underwriters

2) High turnover rate of service underwriters

3) Lots of passing the buck when calling service to acquire update( Poor return call program). I recommend you wait on line until service writer is available, if you go to VM they will never call you back

4) Had brakes done and we had to return it 3 times, first time was they put in retaining clip in backwards and brakes sounded metal on metal. Hard to believe the tech did not hear it when he test drove it. They confirmed and had to replace virtually everything. Second time was bad brake squeek. Should have added the brake quiet on back of pads, I had to tell them about that :shock: third time they fixed it.

Overall I would give them a 6 on a scorecard of 10. If they stabilize the service underwriter issue they could score much higher.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Land Rover / Jaguar of Cerritos, CA

Overall, a B minus. This is a brand new dealership (although it is owned by Anaheim Hills Land Rover, which has been around a long time.)

Pros:

1) Very polite and personable service advisors (Todd and Gregg), really took the time to get all relevant information from me;

2) Loaners are LR3s in excellent shape, as long as you book your appointment in advance and ask for them, even though I didn't buy my Sport there. That's a refreshing change for me, I was used to the econoboxes from Enterprise at another dealerhip in Pasadena (where I DID purchase my car!);

3) Service was relatively quick, considering I was having 45K mile service done - a fairly major one - and an ACM (iPod module) installed, 1 and 1/2 days;

4) Didn't ask me to come in ridiculously early in the morning, I told them I could show up at 9:30 am and they were ready for me at that time;

5) The place is spotless, beautiful showroom and nice amenities for waiting customers, even the coffee is very good! :wink:

Cons:

1) After doing my brakes (front and rear pads, front rotors), rear brakes squeak slightly at very low speeds when coming to a stop. "Normal, all Land Rovers do that, some of them more than others" story... Didn't fix it. Slight rattle from the liftgate "Can't duplicate it."

2) Sales and parts departments both very unfriendly. I was asking about extended warranties for my Sport and had to wait 30 minutes for a quote, which seemed very high and thrown there just to make me go away. Absolutely no interest in my business I guess, the salesperson had no idea what the extended warranty would and would not cover, and didn't bother to find out, either. Same for parts, I asked if they had any extra 18" rims from an LR3 in Cerritos or Anaheim Hills, new or used, that I could buy to use as a spare. "Nope." Hope they make more of an effort when selling a car.

3) Had to go back twice because my iPod adapter stopped working a day after they installed it. First time they kept the car all day and at 4 pm told me my new iPod needed the latest firmware... :roll: Second time they got it right (loose connection on the module they installed.) They are close by and I didn't care, but it's annoying regardless.

4) Asked if they run any Wheels events. "Yes we do, sometimes." How do I find out about them? "You can call our Anaheim Hills store every now and then to check..." Shouldn't they offer to put me on a mailing list or something?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Manhattan LandRover of Bethesda (Maryland)

Overall grade of a B+ for Sales (haven't gone in for service)

I gave them a B+ because they definitely gave me the best price overall for my sport and my trade in that no other dealership could match. Gave me an absurd price for my trade-in....

I would have gone to any other dealership that would have matched it, because this dealership doesn't give LR3's - they give enterprise cars =( booo. but thats more for a service grade.

Sales, they were helpful, didn't know as much about the car as I would have hoped, but knew enough to tell me what I needed to know.

Horrible at taking phone calls and horrible at returning phone calls. I would be at the dealership, when my sales associate would be called overhead saying he had a phone call and he would just mutter to himself and ignore it, saying they would call back. I know the feeling of being the person calling and having to call back.

the whole sales crew.. including manager and guy who took my money very very nice... sales manager gave me free carpet matts and I also bought the rubber matts at cost (108 + tax).

Oh also when I picked up my car it had a factory mistake of screwed up tinting on one of the windows (rear drivers side). I had to point this out (so incredibly noticable)... They said they would call me when the new glass comes in... they said a few days its been a week.... so we'll see...

Does anyone know of any dealership's in the area that has better service and will give an LR3 to someone that didnt buy their car there? Thanks... hope this was helpful.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nooro,

I'd call Land Rover Hunt Valley in Cockeysville, Maryland and ask about their serv. / loaner policy. I leased from them ( see 1st post in this thread)

·
Registered
127 Posts
LR Dallas

I need to make a comment on LR Dallas. I was driving from Colorado to Louisiana this weekend and my service engine light came on in the middle of the night outside Dallas. I found the nearest LR dealer (thank you nav system) and got a hotel in the area. The next morning I was at their doorstep at 7:30 am and told them what happened. They got me in right away and I was back on the road by 9 am. It was an emissions problem and a software update that was needed. They took care of it all and washed the RRS as well. Way to go Dallas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
LR Austin

I've just returned from my first visit to LR Austin. They performed the 30K maintenance, replaced some bulbs, replaced the DVD player and gave me a loaner. All of the work was completed by the next day. They did a great job and treated me nice even though I did not buy this RRS from them. 5 stars all the way. I will be happy to give them my business the next time I purchase a Land Rover.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hornburg Jag/Land Rover Los Angeles

I picked up my 2006 RRS in August of last year at Hornburg in Beverly Hills/WeHo.

I buy cars every year - and it was one of the easiest transactions ever.

I was looking for a Java Black w/ Ivory interior RRS HSE. Hornburg was the only dealership in Southern California to have one in stock. (Even the top-selling Encino Land Rover didn't have one.)

I pulled into the dealership in my old Rover and was immediately met by Michael, my salesguy. I told him the options I wanted (Color, lux pack, sat radio etc...) and he immediately told me that he had ONE in stock.

We hopped into an LR3 and drove a half mile down the Sunset Strip into a hidden, underground parking lot 3 stories below the street. (No kidding!) There were literally a hundred Jags and another hundred Rovers in this "secret" underground parking garage that Hornburg uses to store cars. (Hornburg has a PRIME spot on the Sunset Strip on the border of Beverly Hills & West Hollywood, but the lot is too small to store all of their inventory.)

We found the Java Black/Ivory Rover, exited the "secret" underground garage - and drove back to the dealership on Sunset Blvd.

We did the typical negotiation over price, then haggled over the trade. I believe that I got a decent deal and was treated very well.

Within 2 hours, I had the new car and was satisfied by the entire transaction.

PROs

*You're treated like a valued client, and not just another "customer".
*Beautiful Showroom and off road track.
*HUGE inventory in the "Secret vault".

CONs

*Every celebrity in Hollywood has a Range Rover and all of them bought from Hornburg. Many pay sticker. Hornburg won't negotiate as low as other dealers because they don't have to. I was stuck, because they had the only Black/Ivory Rover in town and they knew I wanted it.

*Their loaner cars leave much to be desired. For a warranty repair, I was given some crappy minivan from Enterprise Rent-A-Car. (Hornburg contracts with Enterprise.)

Other than that, I have no complaints!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Do you think they give Paris Hilton a mini-van for her service loaner on her Range Rover? :lol: Also, out of curiousity...what is the "Secret Vault" cause it sounds like only something they would have in La-La Land!

·
Registered
699 Posts
It's an underground garage below an office building on the Sunset Strip. (About a half mile from the dealership.) You'd never suspect that it was there. It's hidden below a non-descript, secured gate. You then drive 3 floors below to the hidden "vault" of cars.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Flash G said:
It's an underground garage below an office building on the Sunset Strip. (About a half mile from the dealership.) You'd never suspect that it was there. It's hidden below a non-descript, secured gate. You then drive 3 floors below to the hidden "vault" of cars.
I always wondered where Hornburg kept all their cars. Their lot on Sunset is so small and I figured they wouldn’t just have a vacant parking lot somewhere in BH or WeHo since land value is so freaking high there.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts