RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
If its too good to be true....I called the indy shop to make an appointment just to find out the service is actually 1200. He was just going to do differentials for 560. I guess I will be doing this myself.
Since the car has 105K on it, I think I need to do a full flush. I know that 7 quarts that came with the kit is not enough. However, I am seeing conflicting information regarding capacity.
The DIY post I found here calls for 12 quarts:
https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/6-range-rover-mark-iii-l322/127114-diy-complete-transmission-fluid-flush.html
However, the Manual from the FAQ section calls for 10 quarts. Any advice on flush vs drain and proper capacity will be appreciated
View attachment TransCapacity.bmp

·
Registered
2011 Range Rover Supercharged
159 Posts
Another alternative is to perform a drain and fill. Drive for few miles, drain again, replace filter, and fill again. This isn’t quite the same as a flush, but pretty much replaces all the fluid. I am not a big advocate for trans cooler DIY flush method. Seems like an accident waiting to happen. I’ve done it before (never in the RR). It’s just as much work as draining and filling 2x. A bit more efficient on fluid... maybe.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks Bill. Based on the posts I have read the flush is probably more desirable in my situation. Especially since I still have 2 years and about 30K left on my extended warranty.....still no feedback on the capacity? Anyone?

·
Registered
2011 Range Rover Supercharged
159 Posts
I show 9.9L (10.6 Quarts) in the service manual. I'd plan to have 12-14qts on hand. Since you will be flushing the trans fluid, you will probably want to run an extra bottle beyond the "predicted" Capacity of 10L. Then you will want to have some extra on-hand in case you end up pumping more than expected through the trans or spill some.
Remember, you will be filling via a very specific method at a fairly narrow temp range (have a infrared temp gun handy). There is no dipstick, you are basically filling till fluid begins to seep out of the fill port while the trans is at correct temp (30-50C).

21 - 24 of 24 Posts