Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah I know, I'm gonna Jinx myself here but I was thinking the other Day that I bought my RRS in November 2012, 9000 miles later and looking back, it's been absolutely flawless.

My running costs have been $300 for a 6 mth Oil change, Gas, Insurance and registration, I think around $500 for the Reg.

We went away for the weekend, lot's of freeway driving and I got 20.4 mpg.

:thumb:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
You really need to drive more!!!

I got mine December of '12 and just turned 19k. I haven't had any major issues. A few little nit picky things, nothing overnight. I am in sure need of tires. Running conti slicks in the snow has been fun!!

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
9000 miles in LA is at least double the actual running time of 19K in W PA.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brim, I think you're right, my 4 mile round trip commute doesn't cut it. But I'm glad you haven't had any real problems either !!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, you got that right Goosey, I've probably used 4 x more Gas than Brim !!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
I agree. Fun fact of the week. Had to go to baltimore for the weekend it's about 270 miles. Avg speed going there in good weather "89mph" on the way home with about 50 miles of I-70 in snow "68mph".

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jaguar27 is in the OC not LA. HUGE difference to locals :smile: .

Same traffic lol
That's funny, but true!!

When People moan about Traffic I always remind them "You ARE Traffic"

A common reply is "Smart Arse"

Irvine is actually pretty big, 66 square miles, I was talking to a local Cop recently and he told me that 2 million Vehicles pass through on a typical business Day, I think I get stuck behind most of them :doh:

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
788 Posts
I can't wait to get back to the West Coast. When I hear people complaining about traffic I usually send them a screen shot of Vermont's weather forecast if it's Winter ... And explain what East coast winter weather is if any other time of year.

Traffic is a small price to pay for having a perpetual mild summer.

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
788 Posts
ACT!

To boot, Nor Cal has all the water and So Cal takes it all - not a sustainable model. Might I suggest investing in desalinization stock? ;-)

To keep the thread on topic, the abused RRS HSE I recently took on a 250 mile snowboarding trip got me round trip without a mechanical hiccup while being driven pretty hard.

Gas mileage while being driven hard mirrored the mileage I get from egg shelling my 4.0 around.

I did manage to get it stuck in a foot of snow with the crappy Conti tires though.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can't wait to get back to the West Coast. When I hear people complaining about traffic I usually send them a screen shot of Vermont's weather forecast if it's Winter ... And explain what East coast winter weather is if any other time of year.

Traffic is a small price to pay for having a perpetual mild summer.
Whoa!! Hold your Horses Nico!! Temps are set to plummet to 66 degrees the end of next week with an 80% chance of light showers !! 8-0=

But don't worry about me, I already prepared for our upcoming harsh winter, I checked that the Sunroof will close fully and isn't stuck open, I located the Windshield wiper stalk and read up on how to use it, all I need now is a light Jacket and I'm set.....

·
Registered
2013 Range Rover Sport, 2014 Range Rover
344 Posts
That is great to hear! We bought our 13 Sport last June and now have 6,900 miles on it. We had the a/c fixed due to smelly air (replaced the evaporator I believe) and just had our tailgate repainted due to the color not matching the rest of the vehicle properly (had bugged me since day 2, and Land Rover agreed it was off). We seem to have a clunk noise from the front when I am backing out of our garage with the wheel turned to the right and there is a noise coming from the rear when going over speed bumps. Also, on occasion their is a slight jerk when sitting at a stop light (transmission? No codes, and does not happen all the time). These last three issues Land Rover cannot find an issue with, so, they remain. Otherwise, the vehicle has been great. We love our Sport and are glad we picked up a 13 before the body-style switch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts