RangeRovers.net Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 2018 RRS went in for its first service with 7,600 miles. I asked the service advisor to update the infotainment software to 19A + Smartphone pack. I was quoted $400 for the CarPlay update until I informed him that I was experiencing infotainment and iPhone connection issues. Ultimately, both software programs were updated for free. Land Rover dealer in DFW.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I also had infotainment and connection issues. Land Rover Peabody (MA). Asked for carplay as well while they were doing software upgrades, told $300 or nothing. Only 10 months remaining on lease, not paying that for a short period, no luck. For short $$ they really leave you with a bad taste in your mouth. This is my 2nd RRS but may be switching back to X5 where they treated me much better (ironically same ownership group, but not as pompous).

·
Registered
5 Posts
djsaad1 - I'm in Austin too. How did you go about getting them to update your software and add the Smartphone pack? Anyone in the service dept you recommend I ask for? We just took our 2018 RRS in this week and they updated software but it doesn't look like they applied Smartphone pack??? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Took MY17 in this week (9/5/19). Dealer said they are not allowed to do any updates per LR corporate for the time being until some technical issues are resolved. Will check with the other dealer next week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2017 Range Rover HSE diesel (build date 3/2017).
Date of install: 9/7/19
Dealership where the work was performed: Land Rover West Palm Beach
Cost of upgrade: $350
What was installed: 19A + Smartphone pack

41 - 46 of 46 Posts