RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have incontrol (and latest update according to dealer) and everytime I open spotify it doesn't work within incontrol. I have a brand new iphone 7, all updates are done. Very odd. It just fails each time.

Anyone having this issue?

Must admit Incontrol is such a poor excuse of an extra feature.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there

I have a new MY17 AB Dynamic in the UK and the Spotify connection is "very" glitchy. First of all you must have an internet connection (in my case via the car) - that sometimes says it has one and still won't connect the final stage to Spotify. You can use your own and then just select "Source" as Alex's Iphone (its a 7+) and it will play spotify, just not through the incontrol app ! However i'd say 50% its working and 50% it won't. :-(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Actually you don't need to have an internet connection. You can run Spotify in "offline" mode, but the implication is that you then only have access to playlists that you have told Spotify to sync to your phone.

I have a Spotify subscription and I stream and download my playlists in their "extreme" audio quality. With the high-end Meridian in my rig, it sounds great. I generally put Spotify in offline mode when I'm driving in the moutains and I know cell coverage will be spotty (no pun intended).

With respect to Spotify not running, try setting Spotify to be your default app in InControl. This means when you connect your phone, it will launch InControl, and then try to automatically bring up Spotify for you. Also, make sure you iPhone is not locked when you connect it, as InControl requires that the phone be unlocked to launch correctly.

-ce

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes - Just received my 2017 RRSport Td6 and every time I launch Spotify from in control i get "Spotify can't reach the internet". This happens regardless of how I have my phone set up - i have all of my playlists downloaded to the phone. The only way i've gotten the system to work is to start Spotify via in control when parked in my driveway and the phone is on the home wifi connection. Then when you drive away, you'll notice incontrol prompts warning of low internet for spotify, and then you can use the offline mode.

I've tried using the Sports wifi connection with spotify but that doesn't seem to help my situation either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts