RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
It's "updating". If it stays updating forever, kill the app and restart it. Make sure you have app version 1.70.2 (the version is at the bottom of the settings page)

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
9 Posts
As i learned from my Dealer: The temperature setting is only available if the remote motorstart is available. This is not available in all countries ... so you seem living in a country like I am where this Feature is not available!

I got no answer to this question:"If I cross the boarder to a country where this feature is allowed, will my german RR provide me this feature?".
In all relevant documents like broschure and pricelist there is no hint about availibility of countries. Only in the app there apeared a hint which said: "Remote start might not be legal in any country. Driver is responsible to fulfill the local laws and regulation"

I am really disapointed. This was one of my favorite function for MY 2018.

·
Administrator
27,800 Posts
There are disclaimers on the various LR sites and pages that options are market dependent or vary by region. There is also a disclaimer to see your local retailer for details when ordering.

Basic physics play a huge part in remote climate. A/C does not operate unless the engine is running. Heaters have to heat source unless the coolant is warm from a running engine. If you don't have remote start installed you would simply be blowing ambient air in your parked car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is a Germen spec car (SV Autobiography dynamic) and i live in the UAE, everthing just work fine, even when i start the climate it does start but the only problem is the car wont start and i cannot control the temperature + the ac will blow normal temperature air.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
called the dealer just now, they said bring the car in so we can check with LRME.

·
Administrator
27,800 Posts
okay so you are on the other side of the world from 90% of this forums members. What is LRME? You also still have not answered if you have remote start on your vehicle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no I don't have the remote start LRME is land rover middle east

1 - 9 of 9 Posts