RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a RR Sport HSE Dynamic p400e from a Private car Importer In Sri Lanka and I registered the vehicle with the local JLR agent for regional warranty.
This Vehicle is registered under my name in Sri Lanka.
I am unable to register this vehicle in my InControl account as previous owner in UK has not deleted from his account (means still he has access to my vehicle).
I wrote to JLR so they asked me to contact local agent.
When I contacted local agent they asked me to contact authorized JLR dealer in UK.
When asked UK dealer they told me that they have sold this vehicle through a broker and owner has to request them to delete the account of he himself has to do it.
And they don't give me the further details of the broker as it is illegal.
I personally cant find previous owner in UK too.
Please advice me what can I do about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Strange story,; I had exactly the same experience with my from Germany imported RR Sport (2015). Dutch dealership (JLR) has deleted the previous owner (after showing my proof of ownership), and put the car on my account (I was also a bit nervous about somebody else having access to my car).
So, I think You should play hard with your local JLR dealer and DEMAND a change of ownership - otherwise making them responsible if car gets stolen?
I am sure from my experience they can do it - guess just laziness they refuse it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
yes this is laziness and not the first time I hear this. At least in Europe, if the dealer isn't helpful, you can send them a note saying they're breaking GDPR rules by exposing your location data to an unauthorized 3rd party and unless they fix it, you'll contact the data protection supervisor. This is the list of them, country by country: https://www.varonis.com/blog/gdpr-data-protection-authority-supervisory-listing/
everywhere else: just be firm. They can do it.

This thread should be a sticky - the first '17 leases with InControl services are just about to go out of lease - this will be a huge problem, everywhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
totya
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing