Range Rovers Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Re: InControl 10.2" Touch Pro announced for Range Rover...

Sooner or later the LR faerie will POOF us up a system that makes everyone happy, is quick and accurate... and is pretty... ohhh sooo pretty....
That's already happened ... it's the cupholder for my iPhone.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts

you are not alone... but do you have the blonde curls to match?

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts

The current "hybrid" system in the MY16 Range Rover is InControl Touch Plus.

I have no idea what they will call the system for MY17, ha.
Sweet mother of everything, that department needs a serious overhaul.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Sweet mother of everything, that department needs a serious overhaul.
Why? I mean, talking of confusion.... the company's name is Land Rover and they make a car named Range Rover.... what do you expect from the naming scheme of their infotainment systems? :)

And the MY17 will have InControl Touch Pro, unless JLR have went suicidal.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts

Why? I mean, talking of confusion.... the company's name is Land Rover and they make a car named Range Rover.... what do you expect from the naming scheme of their infotainment systems?
The company was called Rover when they were making the Land Rover in the sixties and came up with the Range Rover. The product lines are quite OK even today, and whatever confusion they've created in the US they will get addressed by the Discovery line. So that part is actually OK.

But what they're doing with this incontrol thing (it's GOT to be Speth's pet project) is just wrong.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·

·
Registered
205 Posts

It has a long long way to go. U get a phone call it disconnects

I may be a minority but think the stock nav system is great..

·
Registered
389 Posts

It has a long long way to go. U get a phone call it disconnects

I may be a minority but think the stock nav system is great..
Yes I use the Nav all the time...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·

I purchased a day pass to Topix and saw the following updated bulletin (updated Feb 2, 2016) -- not sure what it means, but something is coming...:

SSM72604 - Jaguar LandRover, InControl Touch Pro – Nerve Centre Support

Models
Discovery Sport / L550
Range Rover / L405
Range Rover Evoque / L538
Range Rover Sport / L494

Issue
Introduction of New Technology

Cause
Service Compliance Notification JLRP00052v2 has been issued to support the introduction of the new InControl Touch Pro system to the Jaguar and Land Rover ranges, this is an extension of the existing X351 MY16 InControl Touch Pro Nerve centre to further the scope of support across model lines. The central JLR team will again form a Nerve Centre to promote rapid identification and resolution of customer concerns. This process is effective from the moment you receive your first vehicle, and will run until further notice. All global markets will receive Nerve Centre focus during the launch phase, and your National Sales Company & Importer technical staff will be invited into the forum to keep abreast of the very latest technical fixes.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
990 Posts

I purchased a day pass to Topix and saw the following updated bulletin (updated Feb 2, 2016) -- not sure what it means, but something is coming...:

SSM72604 - Jaguar LandRover, InControl Touch Pro – Nerve Centre Support
Great find! I try to do this monthly to see if there's anything new and just hadn't had a chance yet.

Just waiting for someone to activate the 2017 info earlier than they're supposed to.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts