RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much can these handle as far as volume? Are they a pretty solid speaker?

·
Registered
521 Posts
CB08 said:
How much can these handle as far as volume? Are they a pretty solid speaker?
they awight.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Honestly I'm extremely underwhelmed with the HK Logic 7 system in my '06 RRS SC. The overall volume is disappointing, and I get some distortion at decent volumes. I listen to rock mostly, some country, some classical, and very very little rap. Even some Zep at a good volume leaves me wanting for a better system. My buddy has a Audi S8 w/ the Bang & Olufsen optional sound system and it is simply amazing, truly amazing. Of course, I think it was a $8k option or something like that.

-TJ

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
tjZ06 said:
and very very little rap.
Perhaps Fiddy in a chinchilla will inspire you...

·
Registered
213 Posts
While it isn't perfect, my Harmon/Kardon Logic7 system in my 06 RRS SC sounds every bit as good as the premium systems I've had in my BMW. It blows away the garbage they put in Mercedes-Benz these days.

I wish the volume were a little louder... especially for the aux/iPod... Thinking about getting a line booster? Any of you guys try it?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
IMHO, the speakers themselves are OK, but the subwoofer in the tailgate is junk, it barely makes any difference in bass regardless of level. Also, Logic7 processing truly sounds great when listening to DTS or DD5.1 encoded audio tracks and movies (which you can only enjoy if you have the optional Rear Seat Entertainment system), otherwise to my ears the system sounds better with Logic7 turned off, better stereo separation and less muddy.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MIAMIRRS said:
I wish the volume were a little louder... especially for the aux/iPod... Thinking about getting a line booster? Any of you guys try it?
Have you tried turning the iPod output volume all the way up and using the stereo volume control to control the volume? Just make sure when your plugging in and unplugging your iPod you turn the stereo volume down so you don't get a loud pop.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm that's weird. I get pretty good sound out of my iPod. That being said your not going to get cd quality from an mp3

·
Registered
30 Posts
Driving back from Vegas yesterday after a wild 4th of July in crazy town, cruising through the Mojave, listening to the rebroadcast of LA June 25 Electric Daisy Carnival on Sirius Area - cranked WAY up...the hairs on my legs were vibrating from the door speaker sound waves. That system made a 6 hour drive - that's normally 4 hours on a non-holiday weekend - an amazing ride.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
61 Posts
I had all the speakers changed out by one of our clents that does auto stereos for a living. The sound now is a lot chrisper than the original speakers. We kept the same Logic 7 amp. He said that if I wanted more thumping bass, which I dont, he would need to put an amp just for the sub speakers.
On another note, I have plugged in my ipod and had to the volume on the ipod up all the way and then turn the volume on the car stereo up as well. This past weekend I plugged in my new Ipad and the volume was fine. The Ipad must have a higher output, maybe because it has a much bigger battery.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts