RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a bit of trouble with my dealer related to my iPhone interface. Wondering whether others with the same model have similar issues. Rig is a 2016 RRSport HSE Diesel. Here are the issues. Please let me know if anyone has one or more of these issues with the In Control App

Won't recognize the phone when plugged and getting power (charging). Multiple attempts of plugging/unplugging to get it to recognize phone

If recognized it requires to "allow" the app on the iPhone before it will connect

If the phone is recognized and has been playing music and the rig is shut off but phone not disconnected from USB in cubby, the system will not recognize the unit though in most cases it continues to play music presumably through bluetooth

If music playback is interrupted by a phone call, the album or playlist being used will sometimes not be recognized. The song will play but unit will not show the album source

If using a nav app like Sygic, it will dump the destination at some point during the journey requiring re-entry

Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Haven't tried the Sygic nav app, but the rest you describe is exactly what I have experienced on my MY17 running 18B software. I would further add that if you are using incontrol and turn off the rig, there is a long delay on the next restart before any radio/sound will work. For the issues you have described on charging and being required to "allow" connection on the iphone, the only workaround I have found is that if I plug the iphone into the system unlocked, it generally will work correctly the first time and will charge. I am hoping that a software update on my next service visit will improve these issues.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I just got mine back from an extended stay with the dealer to fix these issues. Will let you know. Interestingly, since I was tired of driving a Discovery Sport as a loaner, I got a full size RR 2019. What a difference in the entertainment interface. It almost seemed to work like I thought mine would

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
DieselD
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing