RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to All, Just noticed that my front off side mud flap (RHD) was all but off just one screw holding it on, went on to ebay to source a new one prices range from £53.20 inc post to £140.25 inc post don’t know about you but I can find much better things to spend fifty odd quid on, so I set about resurrecting the old one trouble was all the metal insert had turned to dust, and part of the metal insert holds the side wall at right angles to the main body and that’s what holds it tight to the wing, I could have just used penny washers but this left the rubber gapping at the side of the wing so I came up with the following design cut from 2mm alloy , end result perfect fit good for another 18 years, the rubber was cut open in various places to remove the last of the rust and re-fixed with contact adhesive, the indents were made with a thick washer and a socket in the vice, a small drop of supper glue holds the washer in place while you make the indent, other wise you need three hands, the indents were made to fit the holes in the rubber. Best regards sillyboy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
They really are expensive and the rust makes the car look older than it needs to. Good job on your plan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts