RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Can anyone help? I'm currently in New Zealand and bringing my 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 over with me from the UK. I fall outside the parameters that allow the vehicle to be a concession emigration import. Now i am here and the vehicle is on the boat i've found out that i need to have one of two things.

The vehicle needs to have a UN / ECE compliance plate with an E4 stamp on it. Does anyone know if Range Rover Sports have these? If so where they are located on the vehicle.

If it doesn't, i have to go through the rigmarole of applying for a certificate of compliance. Which Land Rover NZ want to charge me $536 around £250 at todays exchange rate. Land Rover UK have kindly said they would do one for £100 and when asked about these plates were a little vague on location and exact details printed on it but said it did have one :doh:

Can anyone please enlighten me anymore on this problem.

Thanks in advance.
Sean.

·
Registered
468 Posts
$536 seems cheap for LR NZ. Usually they'll try and bleed you dry for just about anything.

I know a mate who brought a Lotus into NZ. Lotus NZ wanted huge dollars to give it some kind of certification, but he managed to get it a heap cheaper through Lotus Australia. Looks like you've got this angle covered with LR UK.

Whereabouts in NZ are you living? The Land Rovers Owners Club of Auckland have members who've imported vehicles so maybe make contact with them if you get into further difficulties: http://www.lroca.org.nz/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts