RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a nanocom unlock an immobiliser locked out vehicle?

A friend had sorn'd his car for a while. After coming back to it and reconnecting the battery he got an eka and an immobiliser lockout in the dash.

Adding to that the drivers door lock seems to be inoperative.

We connected the nanocom and input the eka code directly and it was accepted, but the immobiliser error is still present.

How do we get past that?

·
Registered
455 Posts
It shd work, but maybe not first time.

What year ? Becm v36 or later shd work...ie mid 90s. I attended a 95 the other day and it was prob only 5th attempt that let me disarm.

·
Super Moderator
2,193 Posts
What is the actual error message? That will give a clue as to the problem. 2001 will be BeCM V39 or later.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4,215 Posts
What response did you get from the vehicle to show it was accepted? If you just got the nanocom message of "Nanocom has instructed the BECM to disarm" or something like that (I can't remember the exact message) then that just means the Nanocom has told the BECM to disarm.

If you don't get the doors unlocking and the security LED on the top of the dash stop flashing, then it could be that either the code is wrong, corrupted, or the BECM is in a full alarm lockout, which the Nanocom might not be able to resolve, in which case it's unfortunately where the BECM needs to come out and be sent to someone like myself with the direct CPU access diagnostics to be able to reset the lockouts in the BECM CPU directly.

If the security LED has gone out, and the doors unlocked, but the vehicle still won't start, then it could be a case that the BECM/Engine ECU are out of sync and the immobiliser code needs to be re-read from the engine ECU and reprogrammed into the BECM, but you generally won't get a message on the dash about that - it will just crank but not fire up.

If you look in the BECM under SETTINGS -> OTHER If one of the software versions is showing as '153', then chances are it's still in alarm lockout, and if disarming it with the Nanocom isn't working, then it's BECM out time I'm afraid.

I hope this helps,

Cheers,
Marty

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys. Based on the above, I think we either have a wrong code or the BECM has gone into full lockdown mode.

My friend decided to take his car to a main dealer so they will have a go at getting it working.

·
Registered
669 Posts
This query is for Marty,as we were flooded out at the end of feb we’re living in a caravan on the drive so the rr is down at the field. Water bowser needed refilling but of course the battery was flat 10.2 Volts. Wouldn’t accept eka and I ended up with keycode lockout. Recharged battery off the car let the timer do it’s thing and she accepted the eka and started no probs this morning, my questions are: why did I get the lockout (Marty disabled the immobiliser back in 2014 when I sent the becm to him following it going into full lock down.and secondly I can’t see how (can I?) to enter the eka in lockout with my msv extreme which I’ve just replaced (totally submersed in freshwater for 10 days after our flooding) with an xtremely generous discount from BBS

·
Super Moderator
2,193 Posts
After 3 failed attempts to enter the EKA for whatever reason it gives Keycode Lockout and you have to wait 10 or 30 minutes (depending on the year of the car) for that to clear. If you remove the battery during that phase, it will start the Keycode Lockout timer again. Once it goes out, then you can attempt to enter the EKA again and as long as it is accepted OK, all will be fine. Possibly the first time you tried it, the flat battery meant that the EKA got corrupted but once charged it worked fine.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,215 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. Based on the above, I think we either have a wrong code or the BECM has gone into full lockdown mode.

My friend decided to take his car to a main dealer so they will have a go at getting it working.
Good luck taking it to a dealer - chances are they won't have the BECM CPU tools that you need to reset the lockouts as they're pretty expensive and ONLY for the P38 BECM, so a lot of garages/dealers won't invest that kind of money for something so specific.

If they can't fix it, but they recommend replacing the BECM and all that - then depending on the price they can do that for, it might even be cheaper sending BECM etc to me in the UK and I can reset the lockouts and ship it back, where it should then be a case of plug it back in, put the battery on and start it up.

This query is for Marty,as we were flooded out at the end of feb we’re living in a caravan on the drive so the rr is down at the field. Water bowser needed refilling but of course the battery was flat 10.2 Volts. Wouldn’t accept eka and I ended up with keycode lockout. Recharged battery off the car let the timer do it’s thing and she accepted the eka and started no probs this morning, my questions are: why did I get the lockout (Marty disabled the immobiliser back in 2014 when I sent the becm to him following it going into full lock down.and secondly I can’t see how (can I?) to enter the eka in lockout with my msv extreme which I’ve just replaced (totally submersed in freshwater for 10 days after our flooding) with an xtremely generous discount from BBS
You can't fully rid it of the immobiliser, and going into the likes of a lockout will still happen, especially if it's had the battery drain down whilst locked. The BECM works a lot on various logic levels, and inputs etc being pulled either high or low. Anything around the 10V mark and it doesn't seem to like it and thing are hit and miss if they work properly.

Fully charging the battery, has meant the BECM and other systems have a proper voltage again, and less likely to be messed about with voltage drop etc.
I haven't used the faultmate MSV extreme on a vehicle to see if it's possible or how you go about entering the EKA when it's in lockout. I have been considering adding some of the other P38 functions to my Faultmate here, but as it's mostly used on the bench for BECM programming, and I have the Nanocom, I haven't gotten around to it.

Glad that a recharge of the battery is all you needed to do, and BBS came through with helping to replace the Faultmate!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts