Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says!FYI I'm running Chrome on win7 home prem, just incase that makes any difference!

·
Community Manager
800 Posts
Did you clear cookies and cache since all the bugs happened? I needed to do so to get things back on an even keel.

If that doesn't help, can you tell me where the process breaks down for you?

Kevin

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Hi
have a similar dump question..prepared a nice little album and can't find any way to upload photos.
In Safari I get an empty page.
In Chrome i get the same with a different address line
http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/newattachment.php?do=assetmanager&values[albumid]=5625&contenttypeid=8&poststarttime=1513952090&posthash=9f0f5ec47f4f99988c4d7f4b270ec6c1&insertinline=0

and in Firefox I get a blank page with a spinning wheel.

Any clue?
What is the secret?

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
No secret, it's been an issue for almost a month and the IT folks can't seem to figure it out.

·
Community Manager
800 Posts
Hi @annette,

Sorry to hear that your album is not working for you. When you say that you 'prepared a nice little album' whereabouts did you prepare it? Are you referring to the empty album in your RR profile? Sorry, I was not able to access the link that you sent, so just wanted to be sure.

Your account permissions should allow you to upload images to your album, so it's not a reflection of that. I personally tried creating an album and uploading photos (in Chrome, Firefox and Safari) and was not able to recreate the issues that you're reporting (images uploaded fine).

Also, just to clarify. is your issue that you try to upload photos and it doesn't work, or you don't see a button to upload photos at all? Can you please take a screenshot of what your album looks like when it's opened on your end? I'd also suggest clearing your browser's cache and cookies to see if that helps.

Cheers,

Erik

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Erik, this is the same description folks have been giving all along. Blank page for the upload box. The photo album uses the same upload system that the "go advanced" does when posting or editing. this allows for multiple uploads. The single photo upload system still works in basic posting but is limited to one photo and photos only.

·
Community Manager
800 Posts
This is a known recurring issue with VB4 we are working with VBulletin to get it fixed

Kyle

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
BTW I still can't add pics to a forum post. I have an important update on athread and would love to upload some 'lupa' closeups of the BECM because I think it might help others. impossible to do from my phone

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Have no fear Annette, at least 30 -40 % of our member have not been able to upload photos or pdf files since January. Our support folks claim it is an issue with the forum software company and are unable to do anything about it. I finally figured out that the forum software is still in the dark ages with flash player. Google and most systems blocked flash player due to security issues ages ago. You can no longer enable flash in google because it is blocked. Oh you can chose for flash to ASK before it works. Unfortunately this setting does not work on RRnet because All photo management requires a pop up. One of our support folks posted a photo of some obscure Google setting to allow the flash extension. Of course they did not take into account that since the migration nobody can see photos or open pdf. files.Your choice is to try different browsers for RRnet and see if one actually works. If you are entrenched in Google, and have been for many years, you can try a third party flash player extension and hope it works with this site. Your last option is to say F it and give up on helping other member with photos and pdfs.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Thank you so much for your kind words.

Ok we must install plan B then. I will upload stuff to Instagram or my flicker account and paste a link. Sigh. This is for tomorrow sometime.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
470 Posts
Part 1 of Plan B done.. my personal album is now on 500px so now I will make the next one tonight for BECMs
Unforyunately, plan b doesn’t get back all of the valuable pictures from the past on this site.

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
The pictures haven't gone anywhere. IT just can't figure out how to make them show again. :roll:

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
112 Posts
I just posted a classified in the used car corral, and I too am unable to upload photos. Blank page when i tried the 'manage attachments'.

Furthermore, now that I posted the classified without pics, I do not have an option to edit it. Is the missing edit function related to the inability to post photos in any way?

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
The edit function is in no way related to the inability to manage photos. Edit time is limited to 15 minutes. This is by design to keep folks from changing history or deleting all their posts.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
I know I am not very knowledgable with php scripts are whatever you need to do this.
the link to the upload photo is this
<a rel="nofollow" class="upload uploadlaunchlink menuimage" href="https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/newattachment.php?values[albumid]=5625&poststarttime=1541081973&posthash=b212647da640c3fafbdf59cd79a15382&contenttypeid=8">Upload Photos</a>

it only does something when you copy paste this in a new tab or window.
then you have 5 upload buttons.

Whatever you do, ather choosing files nothing happens. Press upload would seem logical, but it doesn't do anything. Tried Safari and firefox!!

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
906 Posts
I have never done what you are trying to do.

Are just trying to attach a picture from your computer or the internet?

I always do it one of 2 ways. Manage attachments is my first choice.

Attachments2.JPG

Attachments

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
I don;t know of anyone that uploads from the internet. "Manage attachments" opens up to blank pages which is the only way to upload multiple pictures.

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
even the basic uploading of single photo gives you the chance to browse to the single photo, but there is no upload button any more in the bottom right. I've given up as part of the mod team... we are rather like mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed fecal matter. :mrgreen:

·
Community Manager
800 Posts
CSC_0050.jpg

Testing in FF.
seems to be working for me.

@annette what version of FF are you using and you running any extensions?

Lee

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.