RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a store bought one in the truck right now, and I just thought I'd give it a go rebuilding an OEM one.

So, I took it apart and wrote down all the part numbers for the bearings, brush holder, etc.

I was able to source most everything on the internet.

Bosch voltage regulator/brush holder 1-197-311-549. Couldn't find a genuine Bosch unit anywhere, but there is an aftermarket one available. $40

Slip Ring is a pretty standard piece on all Bosch alternators. Got mine from an outfit called American Engine Corporation. $8

The rear bearing is 6203LHA. $10

The last piece I need that is evading me is the rectifier. The part number stamped on mine is 1-127-328-009. A search for that part number gives me nothing. No cross-reference or anything. Closest I could find that looks exactly like it, but says its for a 140A unit is here

http://store.alternatorparts.com/ibr860-bosch-type-140-amp-internal-bridge-rectifier.aspx

Anybody ever tackled this or have any suggestions (besides "take it to an alternator shop")?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
115 Posts
Your rectifier is likely good. If you brushes and ring were FFed up your not going to get juice. I only replaced bearings, brushes and the stator ring in my ALT. It is pumping out all the juice it was originally. A little over 14 volts.. That Bosch alternator is a beast..

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alternator parts place online helped me out and we figured out that the rectifier part number stamped on the side of mine was actually a part number for a capacitor ON the rectifier. The actual part number for the unit is 1-127-319-700 or IBR700 from that store I referenced earlier.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4,159 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts