RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, here's my situation. My locks have been acting up recently, and occasionally they don't respond to key or remote access. They simply don't unlock (or lock). Usually, this can be fixed with 5 minutes of patience and the use of my remote. However, this time, it isn't the case. I can't get into the car at all. It's currently sitting in the parking lot at my local gym, being watched over by the kind security guard. The problem is often aggravated by direct sunlight, and as such, I am waiting for the sun to set, at which point I will go and try to get in again. My wallet and cell phone are in the car, so it's somewhat urgent that I get in soon. I've just ordered a couple door lock units from Scotty to remedy the problem, but as my luck would have it, this happens at the last minute. Anyway, what do you guys recommend if I can't get in? Is there any other option other than throwing it on a flatbed and trucking it to the nearest LR dealership? (at least an hour away) What are your experiences with this? (if any?)

I'll check back in soon to let you know if I got in. If that happens, I just won't lock it until my parts arrive. Otherwise, I'm at your mercy!

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got locked out of mine once and the battery died and key would not open, I removed the small side window on the passenger rear door and pryed the glass out and stuck my hand in to unlock it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Mine's does almost the same in sunlight, the problem doesn't exist in cloudy weather or in winter.
It locks and unlocks by itself, but if i close it with remote(or with manualy locking from inside) it stops doing that.
It's hard to lock it with remote.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I just religiously park in the shade.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I got locked out again today and it took some time to take everything apart and get it all back together only to figure out that it is one of two things. The locking mechanism or the outstation. My money is on the outstation because now... after a good beating of frustration it wont lock with the key. Im pretty sure it has something to do with a relay on the outstation circut board that wears out just like the relays in the fuse box. More to come.

Eric

1 - 5 of 5 Posts