RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I've search through the forum and haven't found much outcome results on this particular code, "p0236 = Turbocharger Boost Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance" just wondering for those who have experienced this or have knowledge of this matter. I'm thinking about scheduling an appointment with the dealer. Is there anything I should expect? thanks in advance.

2012 Range Rover Supercharged

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
has anyone experience code p0236? just wondering what are the possible causes. thanks =)

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
346 Posts
I pulled this off the internet - generic P0236 code. Look through these items. When does the code appear, how often, gas related/what octane gas, have you cleared it/come back? Have you examined the connectors? Have you tried disconnecting the harness to see if you get a change (although it looks like sensor is providing some information). You can check some of this with a VOM.

[h=2]Possible causes[/h] Faulty boost pressure sensor
Boost pressure sensor harness is open or shorted
Boost pressure sensor circuit poor electrical connection
Faulty Turbo/Super Charger
Engine over temperature
Ignition misfire exceeds the calibrated threshold
Faulty Knock sensor (KS)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the response. I have checked the internet for more information and have come across the same possible causes you mentioned. In the past I have gotten this code, cleared it and it would never come back for many months (this happened maybe 3 times) but lately I would clear it and would come back every so often (every couple of days, 3 - 5 days give or take). mostly local traffic driving. I've only had the time to do a quick examine by checking underneath the hood/bonnet, connectors seems to be intact, didn't see any foul/faulty connectors. but then again, I was just eye balling. I do plan on going further with the investigation when i have the time, I was just checking to see who has experienced this and how was the issue fixed. there was 1 thread (on this forum) out of 3 that looked promising, messaged the person and now I'm just waiting for a reply from that person or anybody from the forum. my Rover drives fine in case anybody is wondering...

again, thanks in advance

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
346 Posts
Possible causes - "Engine over temperature" - "mostly local traffic driving". What does your temp gauge show if anything?

How much is a boost pressure sensor? If cheap enough may be worth throwing a part at it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
From what I gather, and my experience as an ASE Master Tech, with both L1 and L2 certs, this code appears to be a disagreement code between the MAP sensor and the boost sensor. What it means is that the Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor is out of range, either before engine start of during closed throttle readings,based on the throttle position sensor and engine speed. I would start by checking manifold vacuum connections between the sensor and the intake, and make sure that the hose, if used, is clear. Anything affecting manifold vacuum can cause this error, including vacuum leaks at or near the sensor. One other thing that can cause the code is if the airflow reading does not agree with manifold pressure readings, including air leaks after the sensor. The sensor may be cheap, but it will be expensive if it does not fix the issue. Ray

·
Registered
1 Posts
2011 RRS, I am getting the same issue today, so anyone ever actually solve this issue? I don't mind replacing the sensor, but it would be nice to be sure, before I order one and install it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts