RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read so many conflicting posts on this. Realize that my RRS is kind of a transitional vehicle. It has the console based ignition switch.

IID tool seems to work with existing keys using the up to 2005 directions. (the manual does not indicate support for 2006-2009) But any attempt to program another key runs into issues. First the transponder locks the ignition as well as the steering. Tricking the system using the original transponder either in the key or not so I can get the key to turn does not work. Get an error.

So..

Does the IIDtool support programming a aftermarket key fob?

If not will it program a new key from the dealer or do I have to let them do it?

Research tends to indicate that programming the transponder is something only LR can do?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: IID tool and 2006 Range Rover Sport Key programming or n

Following the manual's instructions for button programming, although it took me a while to figure out, I was able to get the remotes working button wise. Transponders I cannot figure out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: IID tool and 2006 Range Rover Sport Key programming or n

Just a quick update. It is possible, on a 2006 FFRR to use the button programming instructions in the IID tool manual to program the buttons and then use CN3 clonable transponder chips, available from China and some online locksmiths and a CN900 cloning machine to make it all work. Cost if you do not include cutting the new keys is approx $200

1 - 3 of 3 Posts