RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our RR90 was hard starting so I had a look-see at the switch. Man, one hell of a lot of carbon builtup on the brass nipples and the 7 contacts that they engage with. After cleaning I attempted to reinstall the switch into the barrel and found that her 3 clips that engage the plastic were in need of tightening. And then I dropped the switch and out fell 1 small bearing/bb. Anyone know how the switch gets put back together? Anyone have diagrams or pics? Thanks.

·
Registered
213 Posts
can you post pics of what you have? We may be able to advise on how to assemble it based on the parts.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well, fitting the new pot metal switch casing into the barrel lock case is IMPOSSIBLE. Anyone else here experience this? I could shave a little of the switch casing off but am concerned to comprise a nice tight fit (a loose switch will create a further issue). The old switch casing easily fits in and is retained by a couple of small screws. Tried a little silicon spray on the mating parts but silicon lube didn't help. Anyone fitting their switch successfully?

As for the pics inside the switch, this is what it looks like. Repairing the old switch is on the list but not my current priority. Gonna install the new switch, get her runnin' and then rebuild the old switch.

Friendly note: Anyone having starting problems might consider looking into their switch.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm having terrible problems! I did some tests that should've ruled it out but they were fine... What made you think that was your problem?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts