RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '95 RRC Soft Dash Ignition barrel is now playing up. With the key inserted, it still cant be turned. If you knock the key further into the barrel (with a small persuader) it works and enables the key to be turned. Obviously some thing's on the way out and I'd like to get it sorted before I can't turn the key at all! Any recommendations as to the way forward? If I need to source a replacement, are they specific to the Soft Dash RRC or did they cross over to Discovery's etc?
Ideally, I would prefer to keep the same key but only if practicably possible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
Squirt some WD40 in and then run the key in and out a few times. I had this problem about 5 years ago, and it's been fine since.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Danny said:
Squirt some WD40 in and then run the key in and out a few times. I had this problem about 5 years ago, and it's been fine since.
I tried that, but its still the same...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
Roo said:
My '95 RRC Soft Dash Ignition barrel is now playing up. With the key inserted, it still cant be turned. If you knock the key further into the barrel (with a small persuader) it works and enables the key to be turned. Obviously some thing's on the way out and I'd like to get it sorted before I can't turn the key at all! Any recommendations as to the way forward? If I need to source a replacement, are they specific to the Soft Dash RRC or did they cross over to Discovery's etc?
Ideally, I would prefer to keep the same key but only if practicably possible.
It sounds like the barrel or the key is worn, have you tried the spare key? :think:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
adam1977 said:
Roo said:
My '95 RRC Soft Dash Ignition barrel is now playing up. With the key inserted, it still cant be turned. If you knock the key further into the barrel (with a small persuader) it works and enables the key to be turned. Obviously some thing's on the way out and I'd like to get it sorted before I can't turn the key at all! Any recommendations as to the way forward? If I need to source a replacement, are they specific to the Soft Dash RRC or did they cross over to Discovery's etc?
Ideally, I would prefer to keep the same key but only if practicably possible.
It sounds like the barrel or the key is worn, have you tried the spare key? :think:
That was my thought too, trouble is, we are mid house move and the key is in a filing cabinet and the filing cabinet is in storage, right at the back!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
Roo said:
That was my thought too, trouble is, we are mid house move and the key is in a filing cabinet and the filing cabinet is in storage, right at the back!
Hmmm... :think: could you get another one cut in the meantime?
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top