RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '95 RRC Soft Dash Ignition barrel is now playing up. With the key inserted, it still cant be turned. If you knock the key further into the barrel (with a small persuader) it works and enables the key to be turned. Obviously some thing's on the way out and I'd like to get it sorted before I can't turn the key at all! Any recommendations as to the way forward? If I need to source a replacement, are they specific to the Soft Dash RRC or did they cross over to Discovery's etc?
Ideally, I would prefer to keep the same key but only if practicably possible.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Squirt some WD40 in and then run the key in and out a few times. I had this problem about 5 years ago, and it's been fine since.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Danny said:
Squirt some WD40 in and then run the key in and out a few times. I had this problem about 5 years ago, and it's been fine since.
I tried that, but its still the same...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Roo said:
My '95 RRC Soft Dash Ignition barrel is now playing up. With the key inserted, it still cant be turned. If you knock the key further into the barrel (with a small persuader) it works and enables the key to be turned. Obviously some thing's on the way out and I'd like to get it sorted before I can't turn the key at all! Any recommendations as to the way forward? If I need to source a replacement, are they specific to the Soft Dash RRC or did they cross over to Discovery's etc?
It sounds like the barrel or the key is worn, have you tried the spare key? :think:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
adam1977 said:
Roo said:
It sounds like the barrel or the key is worn, have you tried the spare key? :think:
That was my thought too, trouble is, we are mid house move and the key is in a filing cabinet and the filing cabinet is in storage, right at the back!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Roo said:
That was my thought too, trouble is, we are mid house move and the key is in a filing cabinet and the filing cabinet is in storage, right at the back!
Hmmm... :think: could you get another one cut in the meantime?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts