RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just need pictures of an HST front bumper close up of the foglight. My stupid dealership (John Markel BMW Mini Jag LR Omaha) screwed up the installation of the fogs and doesn't believe me that it has been installed incorrectly.

It may be difficult to see in the attached pic, but you can see inside of the bumper...the foglights definitely used to be pushed up against the plastic. If anybody has a picture of the foglight of the HST bumper please post it so I can prove it to these morons...

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You can stick a finger easily inside the bumper between the foglight and the bumper. You can see those bolts, and some wiring.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
808 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IMMensaMind said:
First of all, if that is your vehicle, it's gorgeous. Secondly, I need a close up/angled shot of the fog light. You cannot really tell from that view, though I do appreciate it. Have any of those lying around?

·
LEGACY VENDOR
808 Posts
It's not mine; Mark @ Overfinch sent me those pics because I'm considering an Overfinch or HST kit. I don't have anything closer; sorry about that!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
260 Posts
Immensa, The problem you are having is that the brackets are backwards. My brother in law had the same issue with his. Flip the brackets over and they will fit flush with the bumper. There is NOT supposed to be a gap. I'll ask him to post some pics. He is a member on here but rarely visits...

·
LEGACY VENDOR
808 Posts
TriGem2k said:
Immensa, The problem you are having is that the brackets are backwards. My brother in law had the same issue with his. Flip the brackets over and they will fit flush with the bumper. There is NOT supposed to be a gap. I'll ask him to post some pics. He is a member on here but rarely visits...
Not my issue, but I'm sure the OP gets the point. Thanks! :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TriGem2k said:
Which brackets? Can you explain a little more in detail? Will I have to remove the bumper cover?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
I can't help you with the fogs brackets position on the HST, on the regular bumpers they are easy to get to and remove by simply pulling the bezel off, of course... But I did find these old photos of a front HST bumper cover, hope they help. It definitely looks like your fog lights are mounted incorrectly on the bumper, they should pretty much be flush with the inner edges of the bezels when installed correctly.

Attachments

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Another thing I thought of, looking at those pictures and at the HST kit fitting instructions, it would appears new fog lights are part of the HST kit and arrive pre-installed on the bumper. The fitting instructions only require the installer to move wiring harness, headlight sprayers and PDC sensors from the old bumper to the new one... Is it possible the bezels around the fogs may have been snapped on incorrectly? I can't quite make out which way is up in the picture you took. :?:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't worry, i had the same problem, it can be fixed very easily...

Below is a picture of my HST bumper i had installed last year. The body shop originally screwed up, just like your dealership. I refused to take the car from them until they got it right. All they did was remove the bumper and properly install the fogs so they are more pushed forward. In addition, they had installed the bezels incorrectly. The right and left bezels where switched.

The dealer needs to own up to its mistake and take the time to remove the bumper and adjust the fog lights. But first make sure the bezels are on correctly. They can be installed incorrectly, trust me, i found out the hard way. Below are before and after pics of my bumper.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rcelik said:
Don't worry, i had the same problem, it can be fixed very easily...

Below is a picture of my HST bumper i had installed last year. The body shop originally screwed up, just like your dealership. I refused to take the car from them until they got it right. All they did was remove the bumper and properly install the fogs so they are more pushed forward. In addition, they had installed the bezels incorrectly. The right and left bezels where switched.

The dealer needs to own up to its mistake and take the time to remove the bumper and adjust the fog lights. But first make sure the bezels are on correctly. They can be installed incorrectly, trust me, i found out the hard way. Below are before and after pics of my bumper.

I'm going to have my dumbass dealer call yours to see if they can help mine figure out how to fix it. I'm sick of the running around...who is your dealership?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
umbertob said:
Another thing I thought of, looking at those pictures and at the HST kit fitting instructions, it would appears new fog lights are part of the HST kit and arrive pre-installed on the bumper. The fitting instructions only require the installer to move wiring harness, headlight sprayers and PDC sensors from the old bumper to the new one... Is it possible the bezels around the fogs may have been snapped on incorrectly? I can't quite make out which way is up in the picture you took. :?:
Check out the post below with the white one...it looks EXACTLY like that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought the HST kit aftermarket myself. I don't have close-up pics though I can tell you that I do agree(from memory) that there's a difference in the fittings for the left and right fog lights. So your dealer probably just needs to switch them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts