RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title suggests really :think:

I've posted a couple of helpful (to me anyway) posts on a Mercedes forum regarding wiper blades for the W140 Merc; original spec ones are £90 a pair! :shock: So I suggested that they use the Aero Twin ones for a Ford Transit, as they are the same size etc., only difference is the wiper arm is too wide, so on mine I carefully ground this down and sprayed it Satin Black, job done and a huge saving :dance:

Well after posting this I was shouted down for not using O.E spec wipers and that I might be damaging the screen etc :lol: I responded that I was having no such problems and should I report back in six months as to longevity? :think: The response I got was hilarious " you expect your wiper blades to last six months? " :roll: -Enough said I think.....

Needless to say I haven't been back. It just goes to show that not all forums are made equally `)

·
Registered
523 Posts
I totally agree. I also belong to a Subaru forum, as I have a Legacy, and although it's mildly helpful it's just not on the same planet as this one. Mind you, even within RR.net, not all the forums are equal (in my opinion).

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
adam1977 said:
regarding wiper blades for the W140 Merc; original spec ones are £90 a pair! :shock: So I suggested that they use the Aero Twin ones for a Ford Transit
I can't believe you put parts for a ford onto a mercedes.....your kidding me? I think you should be banned....seriously! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ohh hang on...a heap of my landrover spares have ford logo's on them, **** well, so much for that line of thought ;)

No offense but there were what 93 through to 98? 10 plus year old car and they still are upset about having non snobby bits bolted on? Wouldn't a good percentage of those cars be falling into less financially backed hands now where all sorts of bad things might happen to them, like bodgy aftermarket body kits, fat wheels, odd coloured resprays, and oversized stereo's?

Bah...theres lots of good forums out there, just got to find them. The Australian land rover forum in general is very good also, like all forums been a few big squabbles here and there but in general you can ask a stupid question and live to educate others who come along later of your stupidity. `) `8) `)

PS: I tried to post this replay and got this message! "Your message contains too many smilies. The maximum number of smilies allowed is 10." YOUR KIDDING!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Well the average income on this forum is probbly six digits or near it. So its going to be alot more professional than say the Disco forum, where the average income is whatever Kmart is paying these days. `)

And no you cant smile to much, thats againest Range Rover rules. :twisted: Since we are all stuck up knobs. Or atleast thats what other LR owners say.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jsp said:
adam1977 said:
regarding wiper blades for the W140 Merc; original spec ones are £90 a pair! :shock: So I suggested that they use the Aero Twin ones for a Ford Transit
I can't believe you put parts for a ford onto a mercedes.....your kidding me? I think you should be banned....seriously! :lol:

ohh hang on...a heap of my landrover spares have ford logo's on them, **** well, so much for that line of thought ;)

No offense but there were what 93 through to 98? 10 plus year old car and they still are upset about having non snobby bits bolted on? Wouldn't a good percentage of those cars be falling into less financially backed hands now where all sorts of bad things might happen to them, like bodgy aftermarket body kits, fat wheels, odd coloured resprays, and oversized stereo's?

Bah...theres lots of good forums out there, just got to find them. The Australian land rover forum in general is very good also, like all forums been a few big squabbles here and there but in general you can ask a stupid question and live to educate others who come along later of your stupidity. `)

PS: I tried to post this replay and got this message! "Your message contains too many smilies. The maximum number of smilies allowed is 10." YOUR KIDDING!!!!!!!
I know I should be hung, drawn and quartered :lol: they are a snobby lot, I have found this with Merc owners even with old ones like mine :think: They as a rule don't ever work on their own cars; I always have, not only to save money but because I deeply distrust most garages :roll:

Think I'll stick to this forum, it is the friendliest I have come across; you never know I might return to the Land Rover fold at some point :thumb: `)

P.S: I too have had to delete some smileys as I hit the limit of 10! jeez what a forum.................................. ;)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doctor Leo said:
Well the average income on this forum is probbly six digits or near it. So its going to be alot more professional than say the Disco forum, where the average income is whatever Kmart is paying these days. `)

And no you cant smile to much, thats againest Range Rover rules. :twisted: Since we are all stuck up knobs. Or atleast thats what other LR owners say.
:lol: :lol: :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts